Help needed ??

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bruiser1198

Reaction score
Just chatted with a guy on Facebook that has a V-Max , Lonnie Spencer I think is his name and he needs either a Good Shop or help from someone in his area . Atlanta Georgia is the area he mentioned also Sebring Florida , I know I am asking allot of this site but he says the bike an 02 has not run in 2 yrs only runs with the choke and the tach is acting weird . Just wondering if anyone who is close by can give this poor guy a hand , I am in Pa. so I am no help what so ever. Thanks Again people.

I'm in Cumming GA, about 30 miles north of Atlanta but my mechanical skills leave something to be desired. I have learned a lot from this forum and would suggest that he join and ask some questions. My guess is that after sitting for so long he'll need to clear the carbs (shot gun or pea shooter). I've done the shot gun and it's pretty easy. The tack acting strange could just be corrosion in some connections. I have yet to take mine to a shop so I can't help there. Good luck.

Doug

If he's in Sebring FL, and hasn't had any luck elsewhere, I can direct him to someone in Ft. Lauderdale which is about 150 miles south of Sebring. A bit of a trip, but getting things fixed right the first time and being able to ride the bike beats wasting time & $$$ getting frustrated someplace where they don't do the job correctly.

If he's in Sebring FL, and hasn't had any luck elsewhere, I can direct him to someone in Ft. Lauderdale which is about 150 miles south of Sebring. A bit of a trip, but getting things fixed right the first time and being able to ride the bike beats wasting time & $$$ getting frustrated someplace where they don't do the job correctly.

I can pass the info to him. He is looking in Atlanta.
I already sent him info on the shotgun and he will check it out.

Thanks for all the input to help this guy out , hate to see someone get ripped off by a shop since most have no clue on the bikes carbs and other things . Has I told him I am no mechanic but can get by on my own things and would not want to offer advice and only make things worse. Thanks Again

Thanks for all the input to help this guy out , hate to see someone get ripped off by a shop since most have no clue on the bikes carbs and other things . Has I told him I am no mechanic but can get by on my own things and would not want to offer advice and only make things worse. Thanks Again

He did find a mechanic in Atlanta. Not from a shop.

Good to hear !! Just seen too many so called "shops" have so called mechanics with no experience ruin a bike and charge Big money for their screw ups! Thanks Again for the help you guys provided and steering him in the right direction.

Back