Real gas tank - extra

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Hindle does that I think. Here are some shots, none real good of it though.

V-MaxTire3.jpg

LedgesRide3.jpg

dragbars1.jpg

V-Max1.jpg

I would like to find a decent looking way or a stealth way to gain fuel capacity though. Hopefully with the new controls and the seat modification, I can stand to go longer than 100 miles.

how serious are people looking for more fuel capacity? I might be up for fabbing a tank that is shaped similar to one of my reworked rear seats or even a stock seat. Wouldn't add a ton but would give some boost to the range.

Sean

I'd be plenty interested, providing we could see a decent price point. Not only eould imitating the Boxenstopp unit add more fuel, but moving the fill cap to the rear leaves a solo rider like myself free to have an honest to god "all day" saddle fabricated without worrying about getting to the tank.

I'm guessing that's an aluminum tank, but it could be steel. Looks a bit humpbacked, but for an extra 2-1/4 gallons that could get you another 75 miles, which would put you at an honest 150 mile range before hitting reserve, assuming you're not doing 100 mph+. :biglaugh:

Here's a FL business who can make your design: http://www.boydwelding.com/?gclid=CLDQ74TeoM8CFVAvgQodTLoHCg
They may be fabricators for E-One, an Ocala FL manufacturer of custom fire vehicles.

Check this baby out an extra 8.5 litres . No good for us over here theres to many corners not enough straight roads .

I just saw this picture and thought I would share.... looks like this guy is in for some serious roadtrips!

Warp Vmax.jpg

Looks like he's reaching for Warp Factor 5

how serious are people looking for more fuel capacity? I might be up for fabbing a tank that is shaped similar to one of my reworked rear seats or even a stock seat. Wouldn't add a ton but would give some boost to the range.

Sean
I think thats a great idea Sean, but it would have to be affordable, like 300 bucks or less.

I'm guessing that's an aluminum tank, but it could be steel. Looks a bit humpbacked, but for an extra 2-1/4 gallons that could get you another 75 miles, which would put you at an honest 150 mile range before hitting reserve, assuming you're not doing 100 mph+. :biglaugh:

Here's a FL business who can make your design: Boyd Welding LLC — Custom Aluminum Diesel Fuel and Gas Tanks
They may be fabricators for E-One, an Ocala FL manufacturer of custom fire vehicles.
Had I know about this Boyd Welding outfit I would have sent him the 24 liter tank I bought to see if he could copy it.. with a few minor improvements in shape..

We offer our extended fuel tanks already which add an additional gallon. BUT, you need an extended swingarm too (which has it's own benefits). I would think we could do a basic rear seat replacement tank and be around the $300 without coverings cost. Would need to make one to be sure. I can possibly scan a rear seat to get the exact shape. Then have water jet cut panels and then weld it all together.

Now that makes sense to me.
If the mounting would be the same as the original seat and the tank ( 1 gallon ) would have a
flat top with maybe 4 loops then you could mount a bag on top.
Whadya think ?

We offer our extended fuel tanks already which add an additional gallon. BUT, you need an extended swingarm too (which has it's own benefits). I would think we could do a basic rear seat replacement tank and be around the $300 without coverings cost. Would need to make one to be sure. I can possibly scan a rear seat to get the exact shape. Then have water jet cut panels and then weld it all together.
Assuming that someone is not going to race, what are the advantages of the extended swing arm?

Now that makes sense to me.
If the mounting would be the same as the original seat and the tank ( 1 gallon ) would have a
flat top with maybe 4 loops then you could mount a bag on top.
Whadya think ?
I would be in for an even larger touring version, I ride solo nearly 100% so 2-3 gallons would be perfect. Again with a flatish top for strapping a bag onto and stock mounting points. I'm a gen 1 though.

Assuming that someone is not going to race, what are the advantages of the extended swing arm?
Better straight line stability, cosmetic appearance (looks cool lol), and less wheelie prone.

Some of the gen 2 guys have used the simple bag fuel tanks that can be added on and off and looks simply like luggage. Like this.

Attachments

• new powder coat 011.jpg
    new powder coat 011.jpg
    286.2 KB · Views: 26
  • SANY0131.JPG
    SANY0131.JPG
    269.7 KB · Views: 25
  • SANY2414.JPG
    SANY2414.JPG
    219.5 KB · Views: 23
Back