YZF600R Carb problem? Help

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

outlaws justice

Reaction score
Was taking a class over the weekend, Have this YZF600R that I have only ridden about 100 miles so far (It is an 02 with 2,200 miles on it) I was having difficulty getting proper throttle responce. I could twist the throttle slowly up to 1,400 rpms then it would jump to 3,200. I could not get any thing in between. When trying to run slow and smooth the bike would either jump up or drop down but nothing in that range.

Bike is stock, I have had the tank off and the carbs appear very clean, but I have not disassembled them at this point.

has anyone ever had this type of problem with another bike? I know this is not a vmax but my max runs fine so I do not need help with that!

Idea's?

Have you checked the throttle linkage? Maybe it getting bound up a bit so isn't giving you a smooth hrottle response. I know sometimes throttle cable routing can be a nightmare.

Cables and linkage look and feel really good, Actual throttle control is good, but watch the needle and listen to the motor and it is another thing!

Could be a cylinder isn't firing until it reaches these rpms due to a weak coil. Try looking at plugs, then widen the plug gap a bit to force the coil to build up a greater charge, which will produce a better spark. Is it carbureted? If so, check the slide diaphrams very closely for a leak that may only affect it at low speed. I really don't know, but I would check these things.

DJ

Latest posts

Back