How to select main bearing and connecting rod shell sizes

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can count the number of teeth from the ball down. I believe it's 13!

Sean

Hi!

How cool does that look:
tandwielen2.jpg

Today, I took the bike out for 1st ride (directly after all the crucial parts were on) and have to say 3500 RPM at 100 KM/H with 17 inch rear wheel is a dream!

Thanks Sean for all your help with the parts and answering all my questions! (And all the others in this topic too of course).

Awesome! Glad to hear it's up and running. Also glad to hear you like the overdrive. I can't really explain how nice it is well enough to some people!

Sean

I have some nice worked on rods that are not from my motor so what is the ideal clearance for jurnal to shell 1 thou? with greens I have almost 3 thou what color should I try next

Black or Blue. I can send samples of them if you want. I shoot for the OEM spec which is .0008-.0018" (.0013-.0015" if I can get it).

the Haynes manual says 0.021 to 0.043 mm for oil clearance on the rod bearings,my problem is I bought some nice rods that have been lightened and polished with bronze bushings for wrist pin end,so the numbers are gone from the rods and I was wondering if the bearing shells have a thickness measurement rather than colors

Latest posts

Back