Oil pump drive sloppy

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bikerchris

Reaction score
Hi guys I'm in the process of a complete rebuild on my 85 and noticed the gear that is on the drive for the oil pump will turn. On the shaft.this is the shaft that runs from the clutch basket and the gear that turns on the shaft is the one that drives the oil pump gear is this normal? Thanks

There will be slop in the entire system but maybe not that much for the gear on the shaft at that one location. Still not too excessive I don't think.

Your right I took it apart and no wear just a sloppy fit from factory. I couldn't get to the inside gear but I'm thinking it is the same as the gear that's driven by the clutch basket

Sean, did you do the video of proper drive lash slop? I feel like the oil pump tolerance was about the same. Or I'm totally crazy.

I did one of them at one time. There is a lot of slop for sure. Our undercut transmissions increase it a little bit too though for a better function.

Latest posts

Back