V-Max Frame and Triple Rake Angles

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hubeerjw

Reaction score
Does anyone know exactly what the stock frame rake for the VMax is? I know there is some built in the tiples as well, but if anyone has any details, I would really appreciate it. I know all the literature says it has 29 degrees of rake, but I am assuming that is the total.

Hope everyone has a safe holiday brake!

Cheers,
Jeff

I believe its just the 29deg advertised. I just went out to my garage and looked at mine and I can't see any offset in the trees. In the past I've had handling issues with rake added vie the trees. my old bike had 45 deg of rake, and then another 7 in the trees. it was a handfull at times when I needed to move quickly.

Here's a little something for ya to go ga, ga, for.
A little rake and trail...........

Attachments

• DSC01562.jpg
    DSC01562.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 54
  • DSC01552.jpg
    DSC01552.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 32
yeah but its good for straight line stability :eusa_dance:

That it was, on a straight road it was solid as a rock
kj3.jpg

The stock max does not not have any rake in the trees.

Adding rake in the trees to an otherwise normal bike reduces trail to almost nothing, very dangerous...........

Typically rake is added in the trees on a chopper that has a ton of rake in the frame to get trail back to a manageable number.....

And yes..I'm confused too....

Rusty

Sweep Pics. It is very hard to tell if there is any rake in the triples... I can see a slightly larger gap between the forks and the neck of the frame at the lower triple vs. the top triple. I measured the forks to have an angle of 29 degrees, but I think there is about a 1.5 degree angle in the forks. I'm looking at a set of triples removed from a bike and I can see that the steering stem is not perfectly parallel with the fork holes. I didn't know if anyone has any frame dimensions or if there was a print of the frame out there anywhere.

Cheers,

Jeff

Sweep Pics. It is very hard to tell if there is any rake in the triples... I can see a slightly larger gap between the forks and the neck of the frame at the lower triple vs. the top triple. I measured the forks to have an angle of 29 degrees, but I think there is about a 1.5 degree angle in the forks. I'm looking at a set of triples removed from a bike and I can see that the steering stem is not perfectly parallel with the fork holes. I didn't know if anyone has any frame dimensions or if there was a print of the frame out there anywhere.

Cheers,

Jeff

one2dmax probably knows more... He's probably enjoying Christmas or he'd have been here.:thumbs up:

Its possible to change the rake in the trees.John Furbur has a section warning against this on his website.He also offers frames ready to go already modified.

www.rmsportmax.com

Its possible to change the rake in the trees.John Furbur has a section warning against this on his website.He also offers frames ready to go already modified.

www.rmsportmax.com

It now looks like he has dropped doing this!

Latest posts

Back