Motor mounts

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buster Hymen

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
What you think is the better option for new motor mounts, the solid ones or the Delrin?

yes, they work fine but don't like to be removed. I prefer the aluminum ones myself.

Sean

people here are saying they feel more vibration with soild mounts to the point they change there grips..dont see how thats a good thing....only affect other parts on the bike as time goes on.....

Stock mounts are fine if you are going to putt around at 2000 rpm like it is a harley.Start going around turns on the power and the frame is going to flex from the torque.

I personally think frame braces do more than the mounts.My bike has all the crap and I can still flex it a little when riding it hard.Fork brace,solid mounts,frame braces,frame gussetts and braced swingarm.Radials,racetech fork springs and progressive shocks too.

It handles 10x better now.

well ill keep trying to find all the dreaded problems havent come across any yet

If you would try to hang with me for about 5 minutes on the roads around here you would find some and be lost.

If you would try to hang with me for about 5 minutes on the roads around here you would find some and be lost.
wish i had to opportunity to ...sounds like some good riding only twistys i hit is at a rotary or highway...ill take your word for it about the problems....though you where on a 06 i see your on a 88 that would explain a lot

Thanks for all the info! I'm just a old fart who probably never take it to the limit but my bike never sees 2000 rpms except when returning to idle. Frame braces sound good too.

I was planning to repack the swingarm bearings and check the dreaded 0 ring. While the exhaust and swingarm were off, seems like a good time to do the mounts.

Thanks again,
Joe

My hands fall asleep as it is so I can't see going to a harder motor mount BUT... If I did I think I would go with aluminum. What would be nice is some polyurethane ones. Harder than rubber but softer than metal or delrin. :thumbs up:

wish i had to opportunity to ...sounds like some good riding only twistys i hit is at a rotary or highway...ill take your word for it about the problems....though you where on a 06 i see your on a 88 that would explain a lot
My 88 is not as different from your 06 as you might think.There were very few changes ever made.Forks,front brakes and digital ignition.

I have solid aluminum motor mounts and steel dowel pins in the bolt holes at the removable frame section (right side) and it made a big difference, especially when on the throttle going around corners. I don't have frame braces as of yet - possible future upgrade, just not sure how much more it will help.

Easiest way to know how much these mods improve the bikes's handling, is by a ride comparison between one that's modded and one that is stock - I did just before selling my 96 that was brought back to stock and my 06 that had been upgraded - let me just say, there is a big difference.

Mike

Latest posts

Back