Good Looking Bike

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikemax04

Reaction score
I'd buy this configuration with the V4, 210hp Otodama engine in it. Honda didn't bring it to reality so why can't Yamaha look at some of the streamlines on this concept bike and ditch the bubble effect they had on the new Max? Like the front suspension better too.

Attachments

• Honda-2005-VTX-PerformanceCruiserConcepta.jpg
    Honda-2005-VTX-PerformanceCruiserConcepta.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 46
  • Honda-2005-VTX-PerformanceCruiserConceptb-small.jpg
    Honda-2005-VTX-PerformanceCruiserConceptb-small.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 57
I wouldn't buy it. Looks like a warmed-over V_Twin cruiser to me. Not going that route again.

If you like it? More power to ya!

Redux said:
I wouldn't buy it. Looks like a warmed-over V_Twin cruiser to me. Not going that route again.

If you like it? More power to ya!
I talk about putting the V-4 in it and the streamline styling with the modern front suspension, good looking seat and rear fender and all I get back is TWIN ENGINE? Nothing on this bike of interest? Maybe it needs flames somewhere?

Naw, I liked this concept when I first saw it. I also used to be a V-twin hater, but my fathers VTX 1800 has cured me of that. I'd take that bike with the V-twin or if there was a V4 stuffed in it.

Irregardless of the engine config, I find the lines too angular on this bike to suit me. I would prefer a more flowing look to it. I also have never liked the look of that front end since I first saw it on the Rune, but we shouldn't see anything like that on the new Max. (Thank goodness.)

mikemax04 said:
I talk about putting the V-4 in it and the streamline styling with the modern front suspension, good looking seat and rear fender and all I get back is TWIN ENGINE? Nothing on this bike of interest? Maybe it needs flames somewhere?

Styling is completely subjective. Flames, huh? Funny. I'm afraid that wouldn't be enough for me. I just don't really like the long, low stretched "Harleyesque", look that cruisers have become. Too much form over function. All that said, I DO understand that a great many in this country disagree with me. I'm OK with that.

You posted to get opinions. Mine is apparently different than yours. No big deal.

My point exactly and I totally agree with you that we all have different tastes. What one likes the other dislikes and it works both ways. Disliking something is normal but need not offend. Mine is a 2004 and has no flames. I like it with no flames but will not demean yours in any way. It would be the pits if we all had the same taste. At my age I still like the cruiser look and made mine into one. I don't equate bikes with a Harley because that outfit has nothing I like. It would be nice if we could choose to have our dream bike built just the way we wanted it but that gets expensive.

It would be a lot better to see the skill, or lack there of, what others have done to their ride to make it unique, a one of a kind if you will. People don't like something, great, it wasn't made for them in the first place. Hey, I'm really glad you like yours the way it is, that's the way it's supposed to be. Your post didn't bother me but nobody took into consideration some of the good features of the bike. Even with the twin 1800cc, it would feel like nothing any of us have ever ridden before. It was meant to be a performer with plenty of ponies and torque and weigh a lot less than the old iron we are driving right now. Not sure about the rest of you, but I'm ready for something lighter with a lot more grunt to it.

OK, since our taste is opposite to some on here I thought I would give equal time to the opposite of the concept bike. Not sure if that is an accordion that folds up and you can carry it in your trunk or a ladder perhaps. If you stand it on it's rear tire, you can climb up and over things............like cruisers. :rofl_200:

No offense meant to anyone and sorry, I know the back fender isn't high enough off the rear tire.

Attachments

• Ducati.jpg
    Ducati.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 15
mikemax04 said:
OK, since our taste is opposite to some on here I thought I would give equal time to the opposite of the concept bike. Not sure if that is an accordion that folds up and you can carry it in your trunk or a ladder perhaps. Whatever it is, it won't even come close to reaching me up here on my high horse that I ride upon. If you stand it on it's rear tire, you can climb up and over things............but not cruisers though.. :rofl_200:

No offense meant to anyone and sorry, I know the back fender isn't high enough off the rear tire.

Now that is a gorgeous motorcycle. Probably nothing I would actually buy, but very nice. Lots of top grade hardware on there. I'm told they go like hell too. I hope the new Max handles as well as something like this.

G Man said:
Now that is a gorgeous motorcycle. Probably nothing I would actually buy, but very nice. Lots of top grade hardware on there. I'm told they go like hell too. I hope the new Max handles as well as something like this.
If you're waiting for the next Max or any thereafter to handle like a sport bike, I'm afraid it won't happen in your lifetime. You called that FUGLY thing a "gorgeous motorcycle"? If that's good looking to you, what are you doing with a Max???? I would buy my daughter a gorgeous motorcycle but no man that I know would have one. Just my :twocents: Worth. Lets do a poll and see how many want a "gorgeous" bike or a "bruiser".:th_fridaay:

Hey Mike... Nice game you are playing. Trying to reel me in to your kid games. Here it is in plain english, see if you can understand the "big" words... PLEASE STOP.

Last edited:
WOW!
THAT took me by surprise!
Anyhow.....I don't think I'd buy a max that even slightly resembles a crotch rocket..... but then again, to each their own.
BTW.....MORE PONIES......THAT - I think we can ALL agree on.

I just hope this time around Yamaha gives us the #'s from the rear tire and not the back of the engine like last time. That 145hp turned out to be 110 at the rear. Hope they know how to put together an exhaust system that has some growl to it. One of the features the Max has, it's the only bike to the best of my knowledge that can travel from 25mph to 145mph in the same gear and pull like hell all the way. Now that's grunt. Also a sixth gear or fifth gear overdrive would be nice. But the main thing like you guys said is mucho more ponies. Anybody familiar with the front end of the aforementioned bike? Someone said it was copied from the Rune. Is it better than what we have now?

mikemax04 said:
I just hope this time around Yamaha gives us the #'s from the rear tire and not the back of the engine like last time. That 145hp turned out to be 110 at the rear. Hope they know how to put together an exhaust system that has some growl to it. One of the features the Max has, it's the only bike to the best of my knowledge that can travel from 25mph to 145mph in the same gear and pull like hell all the way. Now that's grunt. Also a sixth gear or fifth gear overdrive would be nice. But the main thing like you guys said is mucho more ponies. Anybody familiar with the front end of the aforementioned bike? Someone said it was copied from the Rune. Is it better than what we have now?

The bike in the picture has a trailing link front end like the Rune. I'm not sure how well they work since i've never owned a bike with one... and just about anything is better than the stock VMax front end.

mikemax04 said:
One of the features the Max has, it's the only bike to the best of my knowledge that can travel from 25mph to 145mph in the same gear and pull like hell all the way. Now that's grunt.

Will the Max pull 145 in 4th? I'd tend to say 5th. Doesn't matter. At 25 mph in 4th OR 5th, I'd be reaching for the clutch to click down a couple of gears for grunt . Want grunt? Say BUSA , or if your back doesn't lean anymore like mine, say FJR.

I don't mind the numbers at the Crank. Nearly all OEM's list them that way. Most will even say so. Just adjust vs the type of final drive (chain, shaft, etc..) and get a ballpark figure.

Redux said:
Will the Max pull 145 in 4th? I'd tend to say 5th. Doesn't matter. At 25 mph in 4th OR 5th, I'd be reaching for the clutch to click down a couple of gears for grunt . Want grunt? Say BUSA , or if your back doesn't lean anymore like mine, say FJR.

I don't mind the numbers at the Crank. Nearly all OEM's list them that way. Most will even say so. Just adjust vs the type of final drive (chain, shaft, etc..) and get a ballpark figure.
Personally I don't need a bike that breaks the sound barrier. How many of us are really looking for that 150mph plus speed many of the crotch rockets have? That FJR isn't a bad looking bike, but it's still a sports bike with the rear fender way up in the air and plastic all around. I've had my back broken twice and the way I enjoy cruising solo, is with a drivers back rest, it makes all the difference in the world for me. Removes with two wing screws in seconds and you're all set for traveling with your better half. As far as a seating position goes on ANY bike, there's a handle bar replacement available for looks and comfort. It's just a matter of a little wrenching and re-routing some cables or lines if necessary.

mikemax04 said:
If you're waiting for the next Max or any thereafter to handle like a sport bike, I'm afraid it won't happen in your lifetime. You called that FUGLY thing a "gorgeous motorcycle"? If that's good looking to you, what are you doing with a Max???? I would buy my daughter a gorgeous motorcycle but no man that I know would have one. Just my :twocents: Worth. Lets do a poll and see how many want a "gorgeous" bike or a "bruiser".:th_fridaay:

Funny. That's about what Russell Mitchell (the Exile Choppers guy) said about the American bike scene. He basically said the bikes are all pimped out; all form, no function. Ridiculous paintjobs and pointless chrome on everything.

Personally I hope Yamaha buids a 6 cylinder touring bike and lets that lead to the next vmax. There has to be something innovative about the induction system though. I'm thinking a clutched supercharger like some of the Mercedes are using would do the trick. Virtual power curves would be nice. All out or just cruising.

Back