New pieces arrived in the mail today

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

QuarterHorse

Reaction score
ForwardControls1.jpg

ForwardControls2.jpg

I gotta do some clean up work to 'em, but I think they were worth what I paid.

Yeah I'd take them all apart and clean up the bushings and use some good synthetic grease on them. The thing I notice with Nathans is the hiem(sp) joints are loose and that causes a lot of slop in the shifter and brake levers. I'm more than sure you will have it working in top form!

Let's see pics of them installed.

Looks like a little chrome cleaner will go a long way huh?

Actually they just fogged up from coming from outside. I literally opened 'em up and took photos. There is some rust on some of the pieces, I'll be getting that cleaned off as best as I can. Jeff wants to borrow 'em when he gets back into town, so I won't be installing 'em for a bit. I also got a set of EBC HH pads for the back that need installed next time I go out in the garage. This Dart of mine is eating up a lot of time/money.

The linkage in stock form is sloppy on my bike anyway, I'm sure the hiem joints will probably take some of that away, or so I would have thought.

I agree, nice deal! Look well made and heavy duty with grease fittings and all - can't go wrong!

Once cleaned up and fitted - they will look good on your max.

Mike

I call dibs!!!!!! I'll be by on Sunday to "borrow" them from you.... Who else wants a set similar?

look just like the ones i pulled off of mine a few weeks ago .they look great on the bike the former owner put them on he said they worked great i rode it a few times the were just wrong for me . he said it was quite a handfull when you hit the gas. a pic of what they looked like on mine and the way it looks now .changed the profile of mine a bit much easier to ride now

Attachments

• f047_3.JPG
    f047_3.JPG
    119.1 KB · Views: 38
  • 121907 016.jpg
    121907 016.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 39
I'll be keeping my stock controls if I don't like the way these feel, but I doubt that's the case.

I still have to send out my Corbin seat to get trimmed up and a gel pad installed. I think I'll have quite the cruiser once that all shapes up.

Finally I want to add the Dyna 3000 and shoot for 130 rwhp w/out cracking the engine open. Perhaps a little spray to net me 200 rwhp!?!?!? ;)

I have one hard and fast rule in motorcycle riding...my balls do not preceed my head when riding. Forward controls scare the hell out of me...especially on a bike with the power of the Max.

Rearsets? Now you are talking!

Mike

I have one hard and fast rule in motorcycle riding...my balls do not preceed my head when riding. Forward controls scare the hell out of me...especially on a bike with the power of the Max.

Rearsets? Now you are talking!

Mike

IMO if your putting rear sets on this bike, you'd be better off getting a crotch rocket. They do everything better than the 'Max, except draw a crowd.

I don't feel overwhelmed by the bike at all, almost a little disapointed sometimtes. I want to be comfortable when I go on long rides.

Different strokes for different folks.

IMO if your putting rear sets on this bike, you'd be better off getting a crotch rocket. They do everything better than the 'Max, except draw a crowd.

I don't feel overwhelmed by the bike at all, almost a little disapointed sometimtes. I want to be comfortable when I go on long rides.

Different strokes for different folks.

True dat! I can't stand them personally but a lot of people can't stand me...:rofl_200: I just like the leverage that my mid controls give me. I agree on rear sets. I have them on my SV and when I need that kind of handling I jump on it. I wanted more comfort so I bought the Max. The seat and bars helped a ton too. :thumbs up:

No doubt that the forward controls are more comfy!

I rode a vrod with forward controls and i personally didn't feel like i had control of the bike. I like the engine guards on my bike cause i still have good control, and i can switch back and forth whenever i want to for comfort. when you got forward controls your stuck in one position. Just my :twocents::twocents:

When I get off my bike with a limp due to being cramped up after 70 miles, it's time for some changes. I HATE the way highway pegs look on any bike, especially the Max, so I guess it's forward controls. Again, if I want to go carve corners or go race for consistancy and ET, I'll go buy a rocket.

Just my opinion though.

thats the way i felt when i rode it but he changed the handlebars also reminded me of ape hangers. when i said he had a rough time when accelerating hard he told me when the bike was stock before all the dyno tuning ect. was ok but after the work he said the bike accelerated right out from under him when the only thing holding on is your arms you cant hold on with your legs in the lazyboy posisitioni can see why . they probbibly would be good on a cruise . but thats just my opinion think i will just get highway pegs if i want to cruise . but if you like them thats great cause they really look good

I'm Telling You Guy's , Once In A While Put Your Feet Up On The Rear Peg's, & Even Sit Up On The Rear Seat For 3 Minutes, Get's The Blood Flowing, !!!!

I used to do that with the stock seat. Now that I have a lower seat it's not as comfy.

Mark

Don't let em' get ya down QuarterHorse.

Have Forwards and LOVE EM'!!!:punk::punk::punk:

I used to have stock pegs but didn't like the "cramp"

Haha guys!

That's fine that forwards aren't for you, as a matter of fact, I get that from MOST guys with V-Max's. They ARE however for me. I have drag bars on the bike, the seat will be going out, this bike serves as a CRUISER first. Fast second. I've owned faster bikes than the Max, but love it for what it is. A Muscle CRUISER.

No sitting on the rear seat when the wife occupies it, as well as the rear pegs. I think if I end up with getting a second bike down the road I'm going to turn the max into a solo seat bobber style bike, but we'll see.

Latest posts

Back