New Boy

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackmaxger

Reaction score
Hi all Just thought I would take a look at your site,
Looks quite good, hope it takes of for you all.
It's about time there was a decent American Vmax site
I'm English and have only found one good site for the Vmax that is vmaxchat.co.uk take a look.
Just one small critisum of your site it's a bit hard to navigate around, having said that I shall be visiting your site quite regular.
Cheers Gerry

Welcome brother from accross the ocean. I hope you do stick around, we could use all the members we could get!

Welcome, lots to learn here, and a great place to share your experiences. Please consider adding your location below the avatar, and in the signature area what rides you may have. If you have issues, someone on here probably had the same thing(s) and has been able to fix it. We share knowledge, and also a good place to get parts at reasonable cost.

You will find this useful, print it out and put it in a binder. Save it in your 'favorites' folder. The first part of the manual has many supplement updates for multiple years, before the meat & potatoes. The different years are denoted by a letter suffix after VMX-12___ . The appendix has bolt sizes, torque values, cable and hoses routing, and much more. Another 'questions answered' thread: New Vmax Owner FAQs....new members please read!

http://vmoa.net/VMX12-Service-Manual01.pdf

Welcome Gerry!

I thought it was just me that found it tricky to navigate, but Google is restricted from my network, even Google fonts. I would leave the Google fonts alone unless you are a total privacy whore like myself. Their absence will likely exacerbate your navigational woes. I happily pay the price, but I suspect most would not.

What I had to do to make this site faster, more stable and aesthetically usable.

ALLOWED
vmaxforum.net
imagearchive.com

BLOCKED (the last three made no asthetic difference but still snuffed out for their tracking properties)
adligature.com (uses google analytics)
ajax.googleapis.com
googletagmanager.com
paypalogjects.com
tracking etag headers (2) (headers blocked with extension)
tracking referer headers (2)

Also if you use Chrome, try Firefox. That alone may help but it will also allow you to use critical extensions that Chrome will not. I assert Chrome is not compatible with privacy whoredom.

There are also a number of browser extensions that have the ability to "block element" which can clean up clutter and make the meat-n-tatters part more sensible. I dont recall doing much element blocking on this site as it is cleaner than most.

When you block stuff as I do then it's necessary to find other ways to reward quality content, such as that on this forum. I resent being tracked, very much actually, but virtually every site does it so it's incumbent upon the end user to protect themselves to whatever degree meets their needs. Blocking some of these sites hinders the webmasters ability to monetize your visit. Usually a good thing, but not if you want the webmaster to be monotarrily rewarded for hosting quality content. I annually donate to sites that provide quality content or in some way bring value to my life, like this one. I have an item for sale here so of course I will donate a % when/if it sells.

Dont give up, its worth having to make some tweaks and plug some holes to enjoy what could only be described as top drawer content for the Vmax owner.

EDIT, I just noticed the date of the OP! Oh well, still good guidance for others to read and hopefuly not notice the dates haha!

Welcome, lots to learn here, and a great place to share your experiences. Please consider adding your location below the avatar, and in the signature area what rides you may have. If you have issues, someone on here probably had the same thing(s) and has been able to fix it. We share knowledge, and also a good place to get parts at reasonable cost.

You will find this useful, print it out and put it in a binder. Save it in your 'favorites' folder. The first part of the manual has many supplement updates for multiple years, before the meat & potatoes. The different years are denoted by a letter suffix after VMX-12___ . The appendix has bolt sizes, torque values, cable and hoses routing, and much more. Another 'questions answered' thread: New Vmax Owner FAQs....new members please read!

http://vmoa.net/VMX12-Service-Manual01.pdf
I don't post or reply much, but I've been a member for about 10yrs or so an you always come through answering almost if not all questions. And I just wanted to thank you an all the other VMax gurus on here.

I can speak to what I've had experience with, and often recommend others on here for their expertise, parts, and general internal combustion and electrical knowledge. Those guys are the professionals, I am a retired guy whose hobby is these Gen 1 Yamahas.

Everyone who posts their experiences can expect someone to chime-in, "I had that, this is what seemed to work for me." The non-pro contributors usually are doing it from a point of, "I needed help, this was suggested, I tried this, and here's my report." Often the pros are able to diagnose and to recommend on the basis of a single post. The site has thankfully been largely free of acrimonious antagonistic behavior. There are still a lot of owners of these bikes out there, and I think they're happy when they find the website. The Gen II's don't seem to requite the care the Gen 1's do, but there are members of those too, who find useful info here too.

Latest posts

Back