GSXR rear brake on Evil Max

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maxorel

Reaction score
Been patient on getting it right and my bud who is an amazing machinist did not let me down.

Old school PM chicane 3 spoke 18x5.5 rear wheel.

All new bearings and custom right side GSXR rotor mount and axle/swingarm spacer allowing stock Suzuki caliper mount to be retained.

Caliper spacing is dead on.

New aluminum brake stay arm and relocated tab coming next weekend. If that goes well, it will be powdercoat time for the Sean Morley underbraced arm that he specifically did to clear my 4-1 Kerker race and kept stock length.

Just figured some may enjoy the mod.

Here is the floating front rotor on the back I was originally going to use.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 167
Re: GSXR rear brake on Evil Maxthought about

I have

I have thought about doing something very similar. Any chance of getting some more detail about what you did? What gixxer did that come from? If the mount is Suzuki stock was a spacer all you had to fab? Are the axles the same diameter? What was neccesary to adapt the rotor?

Yours looks great!

Parts are off 00-03 GSXR series bikes.

An aluminum adapter was machined and made to accomodate the new rear rotor's bolt pattern and offset.

The caliper hanging bracket simply had a sleeve made that presses in that works on stock Vmax axle as well as offsets to the rotor correctly.

The bracket end on the axle was rounded and then blasted.

New alum. brake stay was recently made to include floating heim joint ends. A new tab was then welded to the underbracing on the swingarm.

Arm is at the powdercoater and should be done this week.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    73.6 KB · Views: 42
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 40
Closer shot.

Again the rotoradapter was done to a PM Chicane wheel, NOT a stock one.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 44
Thank you- hoping to have it all back together next month finally and show it all off....

Nice work Maxorel! I took like the underslung look for the brake caliper as it shows off the rear wheel the best. Sean also did my braced/ extended but a couple differences in my caliper bolts directly to the swingarm and my brake line runs inside of the swingarm for a cleaner look.
I'm really looking forward to seeing yours when she is all done; going to look sweet!:punk:

Thank you and that was the motivation that started this mod, to simply show off the wheel, lower the unsprung weight as well as reduce weight on the wheel (stock rotor is a tank!).

Sean did the swingarm to my spec too, which was specific: stock wheelbase, tubular bracing, and accomodate Kerker race 4-1, no centerstand.

It has evolved more than I originally imagined, but exceeds all expectations I set as I go along. Hopefully when it's all back on.... It actually slows the bike down! LOL

Finall done, and tested.... Up to 135 and no issues so far

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 21

Latest posts

Back