Polishing vs chroming

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oh, i was talking about the yamaha logo ones on the pic with your dog on the bike. cool dog too

ya, im looking for 1. i dont like the stock 1 but i have not found any that wrap around the back far enough.

heat wrap kit for pipe ? I heard bad thing about it, saying it was increasing risk of rust ...
Beside after a little while they look nasty.

But not sure we're talking about the same thing ?
That one here ?

yea thats it. i dunno about rust, but my coating keeps peeling off.

btw supposing I go for PC.
Beside the fenders, faux tank cover and radiator which should get a wet painting, everything else should get a PC ? what do you think ?

If you want a really deep shine that looks miles thick, go with your standard wet paint, but if you want damn near bullet proof paint then go with P/C.

IMO the scoops if painted need to be sprayed wet for the depth. If you're going flat black then P/C works well but isn't truly FLAT like you think of flat paint. I actually really like P/C flat and have done a few things with it.

If the metal is prep'd correctly and the ceramic is put on correctly as well as cared for correctly, you should get years and years of service out of it.

Chris

I agree.
I saw the PC samples today, PC is not that shinny even the semi-glossy.
The guy told me it can just be solved by an additional clear coat.
Having wet on top a PC doesn't it sound stupid just for the finish ?

Like the streetfighter look for sure. Getting a set of 17" wheels PC'd satin black to match the rest of the bike. KJ you need my 6" stretched swingarm to really make Reaper look slammed:biglaugh:

Attachments

• 2010+Toronto+SuperShow+004.jpg
    2010+Toronto+SuperShow+004.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 15
just thought ceramic was the best heat resistant, maybe something went wrong during the coating.

not sure...

If the metal is prep'd correctly and the ceramic is put on correctly as well as cared for correctly, you should get years and years of service out of it.

i'll have to figure something out after the season...

If your like me and clean your bike somewhat after every ride use Never Dull on the aluminum, and then wipe residue off. I recently polished the brake and clutch mounts and also left partially unpolished, I used Paint stripper in a can made by Crown called Tuff-striper and took the paint right off. I personally don't like the max with lots of true crome.

Getting a set of 17" wheels PC'd satin black to match the rest of the bike.

Atta boy!

I had my SV wheels painted with what was called under hood black and it's got a bit of texture to it. Not a lot but enough... Looks pretty cool IMO and doesn't show scratches. My bro had his wheels done in flat and they almost look charcoal. Pretty cool too.

Chris

If your like me and clean your bike somewhat after every ride use Never Dull on the aluminum, and then wipe residue off. I recently polished the brake and clutch mounts and also left partially unpolished, I used Paint stripper in a can made by Crown called Tuff-striper and took the paint right off. I personally don't like the max with lots of true crome.

good reviews about Nevr Dull products :)

first one looks like my wheels after cleaning or almost :rofl_200:

Ya, I use nothing but Adams now. I am amazed by the difference a quality product makes. I used to use off the shelf waxes and products but NO MORE! I spend probably 1000 dollars a year with Adams and their products are worth every penny.

Chris

Latest posts

Back