Leaking coolant from side plug behind plug.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mundi78

Reaction score
0_1.png
It started dripping coolant from this plug (#13) and its drains out from spark plug drain hole. Not allot of coolant or all the time (mostly when it warms up and pressurize)
:ummm::confused2:
How do I go about fixing problem? Can I just pull it out and replace it with new one with all o-Rings after draining coolant? Or do I have to drain it. What does it separate in engine (3 o-rings), oil contamination? Any ideas, please help.

There is no coolant or oil cross contamination. I't just dripping out of engine to outside.

You s/b able to reuse item# 13. You'll need new item# 14,15 & 16 and some o-ring lube. I just did mine recently. No problem except that after it continued to leak I realized that the "machine" plug above and behind the spark plug & "core" plug is what's actually leaking on mine. Look very carefully to see if coolant is dipping down from above. It will eventually track the same and exit thru the spark plug drain hole just like the lower "core" plug.

Let me know if you need any further clarification...............

Has anyone ever pulled these out to check for coolant blockages? Repair Manual seems to indicate you don't want to touch these unless you are rebuilding the motor. I believe I may have blocked or restricted coolant passages to one or more cylinders. Pulling the rubber plugs below does not show anything amiss.

Figure I could drain the coolant and oil. Pull these plugs and clean and replace O-rings. If any leftover coolant leaks down it should come out the drain plug hole. Fill it up, run it, and change the oil again after.

Thoughts?

Latest posts

Back