Airbox / Jetting Question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gmeline

Reaction score
Do I need to convert to Stage 1 or other jets if I remove the airbox and use individual K&N air filters? I have stock mufflers with no Vboost (i.e. Vboost all the time). Currently runs great but would like to improve performance while maintaining stock mufflers (would be happy to modify stock mufflers to allow greater airflow but have yet to see a simple solution).

thanks in advance.

Greg

you dont have to install a jet kit, per se, but the most important pieces that you will need come with the kit. removing the air box allows for way too much air. you will have to mod your needles to allow for more fuel, which i believe is impractical if at all possible, or push into the carbs little air plugs that comes with the jet kit.

that being said, if you elect going with a jet kit, i highly advise you to consider either morely's muscle kit or a stage 7 instead of stage 1. the guys here will tell you to not waste your time and money on a stage 1

Regards from my Taptalking Hercules Android

if you elect to install a jet kit, dont bother unless you install a full up exhaust system. some guys have used slip-ons with mixed satisfaction.

you could punch a hole in the baffle wall of the stock exhaust, but for the time and effort, the performance gain is mediocre

Regards from my Taptalking Hercules Android

If you increase 'suckage' you gotta increase 'blowage' too! :biglaugh:

Leaving oem front headers on...no matter what you do to the oem mufflers...and going big air will not increase performance....just frustration.

The stock VMax is pretty well balanced air/exhaust wise right from the factory.....you should either do intake and exhaust mods or leave it alone.

Correct. The only thing with the stock exhaust is to maybe put a smaller main in and lean it out just a little bit. NO jet kit with the stock exhaust! We have made in the 130's with the stock mufflers but that was with a larger engine (and it could have made a lot more power with a full system)

Latest posts

Back