Fuel issues!! Still!!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Josh Stanley

Reaction score
Ok, I posted a few months ago about having issues with my fuel pump. I got a lot of great suggestions like cleaning the fuse contacts, as well as the reserve switch. I did all of these, but, nothing works. the fuel pump is good. It runs when I connect a jumper to it directly from the battery. I thought it was the relay but have had a hard time locating another one. None of the Yamaha dealers here in San Antonio Texas are any help. They all go to the computer and look up the wrong part. My relay is so old it does not have any lettering on it any longer.

So, long story short, I first want to make sure that I am looking for the right relay. According to my shop manual, the fuel pump relay in located under the left air scoop rite next to the turn signal flasher relay. It is about 1 inch by 1 inch and has a 6 prong plug that plugs into the relay. However, looking at the bottom of the relay there are only 5 prongs. Does this sound right?

Second, short of going to ebay and buying a used one, does anyone have a source or an alternative to the relay that I can locate without braking the bank?
Thanks for the help.

Josh Staley:bang head:

likembikem,

Thanks for the reply. That is actually not the part I am looking for, however, it is right next to the relay though. I believe that component has something to do with the ignition. I could be wrong about that though. I appreciate your help.

JS

Have you contacted Sean Morley?
He often has the ability to put together a box of assorted electrical components related to your problem. You have the option to test by swapping parts. Pay for what you use and send the rest back. Might be a good option in your situation.

Yes, that would be a good move to help you to get your problem fixed. Sean's service is probably the easiest way to be able to get you up & running, if you cannot troubleshoot further.

He often has the ability to put together a box of assorted electrical components related to your problem. You have the option to test by swapping parts. Pay for what you use and send the rest back. Might be a good option in your situation.

+1 morely is a good man.

Latest posts

Back