Dealership with great parts prices.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lonestarmedic

Reaction score
Would like to pass this along for my fellow V4 fanatics. Cross posting this message from the other site I belong to:

As you may have read by now, I have been rebuilding my carburetors and doing a lot of maintenance on the 1986 Venture. I would like to pass on a place I found with great pricing. Now you will possibly need to wait until they get stuff in. I do not know how deep their inventory is. But, I priced valve shims at $10 and a bit of change. Everyone els wants $15-$18!! Footrest pads are about $24 each everyone else has been Over $30. I have no problem going to my local dealer and purchasing and paying the prices for something in stock that I need. But these folks can order right where they do and get them onto my front porch. Also, the shipping for these items was only $11.00 USPS priority/ All little grommets etc. Their shipping charges are not inflated sky-High.

STADIUM YAMAHA
IRVING TEXAS

Not affiliated in any way, shape, or form. But do the math. I saved $8.00 per valve shim times 12 shims needed. That is a mere $96.00 on one item. I just placed another order, and will report on how long it takes to get 12 line items shipped complete to my porch. And how well they did.

J.B.

Jeez, your bike needed 12 out of 16 shims? Usually you can swap them around and don't have to buy but 2 or 3, if that.

I heard bikes w/Cobra exhausts will use more shims, and especially if you switched to the Fish downdraft carb Performance System. :rofl_200:

Thanks for the resource. I just checked Ron Ayres, who usually gives me good, fast service, and it looks like their prices went up a bit.

Would like to pass this along for my fellow V4 fanatics. Cross posting this message from the other site I belong to:

As you may have read by now, I have been rebuilding my carburetors and doing a lot of maintenance on the 1986 Venture. I would like to pass on a place I found with great pricing. Now you will possibly need to wait until they get stuff in. I do not know how deep their inventory is. But, I priced valve shims at $10 and a bit of change. Everyone els wants $15-$18!! Footrest pads are about $24 each everyone else has been Over $30. I have no problem going to my local dealer and purchasing and paying the prices for something in stock that I need. But these folks can order right where they do and get them onto my front porch. Also, the shipping for these items was only $11.00 USPS priority/ All little grommets etc. Their shipping charges are not inflated sky-High.

STADIUM YAMAHA
IRVING TEXAS

Not affiliated in any way, shape, or form. But do the math. I saved $8.00 per valve shim times 12 shims needed. That is a mere $96.00 on one item. I just placed another order, and will report on how long it takes to get 12 line items shipped complete to my porch. And how well they did.

J.B.

My Venture was made on 270 day. I kid you not it had 12 of those. The others were 268. I needed 11 of 265. One of 268, two of 262, and had a couple good ones.

STADIUM YAMAHA
IRVING TEXAS

J.B.

Stadium is a good outfit to deal with, bought quite a bit of stuff from them.

Jeez, your bike needed 12 out of 16 shims? Usually you can swap them around and don't have to buy but 2 or 3, if that.

I heard bikes w/Cobra exhausts will use more shims, and especially if you switched to the Fish downdraft carb Performance System. :rofl_200:

Thanks for the resource. I just checked Ron Ayres, who usually gives me good, fast service, and it looks like their prices went up a bit.

I decided to do the 25K mi. check on my '85 XJ700X 5 valve a little early at 16K and it needed 20 out of 20 shims! No one on the XJ forum ever heard of that before.....and I could use only one or two existing shims, had to buy all the rest.

Mr Cycle gives great deals. Call and talk to Brad. Tell him you want the vmax forum discount. He'll save you $$. http://www.mrcycles.com/oemparts/c/yamaha/parts

Boat.net is good too. Sometimes different years give different prices for parts that are the same for some reason. http://www.boats.net/parts/search/Yamaha/Motorcycle/parts.html

Latest posts

Back