voodoo exhaust

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

huskyman510

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has these exhausts, are they good quality and a good performer, also what sort of noise? 4-1 or 4-2 which is better/nicer?
I am very much on a tight budget and being in Australia will need to pay a fair ammount of postage. Dying to replace my stock cans.
Sean has offered me a used set of marks and kerkers for a good deal but unsure which way I want to go, after originally thinking of settling for a ufo exhaust I am second guessing now.
Advice anyone?

I have the UFO 4/1, the Dragstar, very happy w/the fit & finish. Best advantage over the Kerker, no cutting the centerstand tang. You've got to remove the centerstand, but you can re-install it temporarily for service, but then it has to be removed to ride. I dealt w/Jon Cornell when he was still alive and so-did my shop where I have my work done. No problems then, but one of the members is having issues about a swingarm mod from them now.

It's LOUD!!! Ear/hearing protection is a must! Remember that exposure to excessive noise of sufficient dB even once can cost you permanently.

From postings, it appears Voodoo is either the jobber that made UFO's product or has one very similar. Mark's has great service, I have a partial Mark's 4/1 but haven't installed it as I have a UFO on now, which I modded w/a literbike canister (Frankencanister) to save my hearing and to make it possible to accelerate without an ear-splitting and LEO-provoking (Law Enforcement Officer) broadcast of getting on the twistgrip. It made my UFO socially-acceptable. If you ride w/a UFO 4/1, you'll see why I did that.

http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=31804&highlight=frankencanister

4-1 More power but you need the headers too and a carb jet kit , Stage 7 or Sean Morleys Jet kit. ( more postage , time & $ )

4-2 Looks symetrical and therefore , more pleasing to the eye for many .

Either is a plus over stock . :punk:

I was a little concerned with the noise factor, there pretty strict over here ticketing harleys all the time. I thought the ufo`s have end caps that can be fitted to reduce this down? if I kept em in my bag and got pulled over I could just screw em on??
I plan on getting the stage 7 kit plus Morelys airbox kit along with the exhaust/headers, tryin to get all that under $1200.
Does a 4-1 make a little more power over a 4-2? I did not know that

I got the UFO megaphone w/both size endcaps for my UFO 4/1 Dragstar. Yes, the megaphone is less dB than the bologna-cut end piece which the Dragstar comes with, but it's still loud, whatever size the end cap diameter opening.

Trying to change-out an endcap to satisfy a LEO on the side of the road is probably going to be very amusing for the LEO and painful due to hand trauma from burns for you! A larger-volume canister than either the UFO bologna-tip or the UFO megaphone replacement is what I would recommend. Make your own like I did, or get one from Sean, Mark's Exhausts, Kyle, or whoever.

Right-now I am selling a Kerker header and mid-pipe to another member, just waiting on final payment, it was in the parts for sale section. Grab a used can from somewhere, and you would have plenty of dosh in the ol' bank account for airbox and carb mods.

Kyle and I both run Stage 7 and VBoost w/aftermarket full exhausts. It's much-easier to synch carbs w/VBoost intact, instead of removing it like the Dynojet Stage 7 directions have you do, something to consider.

I think Supertrapp (which now owns Kerker, I think) sells some-sort of variable-opening end cap, which might be what you're looking for, kinda like an old-time Snuff-R-Not that I ran on my Honda 305 Scrambler, my first bike I bought 43 years-ago. Try this site: http://www.supertrapp.com/product_sections/acc/access.asp

I was a little concerned with the noise factor, there pretty strict over here ticketing harleys all the time. I thought the ufo`s have end caps that can be fitted to reduce this down? if I kept em in my bag and got pulled over I could just screw em on??
I plan on getting the stage 7 kit plus Morelys airbox kit along with the exhaust/headers, tryin to get all that under $1200.
Does a 4-1 make a little more power over a 4-2? I did not know that

Sounds nice at idle, but wow when you open it up!! Perosports have just got back to me with a great price on the voodoo....mmmm decisions.
Can you keep the centre stand with the voodoo I wonder.
I guess the header is the most important thing, you can always add a good baffled muffler later if it really is to much for the ears and the cops.

It is stupidly loud. If guys are getting tickets for loud pipes, you're gonna join them. You will have to go through a big pain to switch cans (ask fire-medic).

I'm in a similar situation to Kyle and Fire Medic. My Max wears a Kerker 4-1, stage 7 and V-Boost is active. The Kerker has a nice bark and is loud enough without making your ears bleed or attracting unwanted attention from the LEO's. The lack of a centre stand is a non issue for me since I have a bike lift but even if I still had it fitted I seriously doubt it would see any use, not to mention the suckers are heavy.
Having seen and ridden several V-Max with different systems I would have to say that the Kerker 4-1 is my personal favourite in terms of fit, quality, sound and performance.
Just my two cents.

Chris.

I have both, Kerker 4-1 and Voodoo 4-1 on the other Max.
The quality IMO is better on the Kerker as in fitment as the Voodoo seems a bit sloppy where it merges but I can fix that with some sealant.
The Voodoo is somewhat louder..but I like that:punk: It can be quieter if I want to with some more packing.
Both bikes don't have the centre stand, only girls use those lol.

Hey husky did you end up going the voodoo ?

Still looking around, they are by far the best priced new system but really looking for that deep growl which I dont think I`ll get with them.
Im in no rush maybe a nice set may turn up on the for sale list one day.

I have a 4-2-1-2 Hindle/Holeshot system (needs mufflers), should have a couple of used kerkers, and just got a bike in with a nice looking Vance and Hines system which I had not seen one in years!

We do have the Muscle/Marks which is about as deep a tone as you can get. I'm a bit slow to get them made for customers and want to be up front about it. Also not as cheap as some other systems.

I have a 4-2-1-2 Hindle/Holeshot system (needs mufflers), should have a couple of used kerkers, and just got a bike in with a nice looking Vance and Hines system which I had not seen one in years!

We do have the Muscle/Marks which is about as deep a tone as you can get. I'm a bit slow to get them made for customers and want to be up front about it. Also not as cheap as some other systems.

Thanks Sean, Im in no rush still saving so I can get your airbox/jetkit as well so when you get a good system you think id like maybe we could package it all up together as I know shipping to Aus is a pain in the butt $$ wise

I'm also starting the research for exhaust for my max. I've seen a lot of talk about keeper, voodoo, marks, holeshot, UFO and of course the Morley sets but not a lot of discussion on Delkevic's sets. Is there any reason Delkevic's are few and far in between for the max? I like the looks of the 4-2 and the Delkevic's look good. Just wondering if there is anything about the Delkevic's that are negative like the cobra slash cuts?

David Justiss
USAF First Sergeant

Delkevics are slip on only, not full system. They do sell head pipes but are same diameter as stock.

Back