Re sasy

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxrider-8763

Reaction score
Hi mates,

I would like to know if there is someone who experenced sasy cause i would like to put one on my max, including a raptor shift light.

Regards Kevin Malta Europe :cheers:

Hi mates,

I would like to know if there is someone who experenced sasy cause i would like to put one on my max, including a raptor shift light.

Kevin.
I have the new sassy (silver). Its fun, has lots of settings for the vboost. The instant on Button is cool:rocket bike:. But to be honest I usually run it @ stock settings. 6K boost. I have used the feature to shut boost off when I got caught in the rain and did 200 Miles soaking wet. Peace of Mind maybe..The shift light Input is a nice feature. Its on the short list.
Just my .02 cents.

Hi mates,

I have a black one on me 2006 and love it. I like the control it gives me...:thumbs up:

Why won't the people making and selling these show any dyno runs? I had one and could tell instantly that it was slowing my bike down.

Why won't the people making and selling these show any dyno runs? I had one and could tell instantly that it was slowing my bike down.

Shawn this is from Lvlhead's site http://vmax.lvlhead.com/tips/tboost.htm
You maybe correct. But it sure does not feel like it when its set to 1800RPM kick in the pants boost.

Here is the Dyno sheets
vboostat3000vs6000.jpg

Stock Vboost vs TBoost

vboostfulltimevs6K.jpg

Full Time Boost vs Vboost

"The Dyno sheets don't lie. The stock configuration of Vboost opening at 6000 RPM is one of the best set-ups there is."
Direct quote from Website.

I agree, it doesn't feel like it...but stock is best. You lose hp/torque at anything over 1/2 throttle.

its a common mistake when hearing the roar of after market pipes..or the sounds of the carbs roaring with boost open ...most people mistake more noise as more power.....if those two bikes did a rollon on the highway..the stock setup with 10 more tq from 4000 to 7000 rpm would pull so far ahead the race would be over before redline..it would be a real shocker when seeing it yourself from behind

I think sassy's and tboost's blow! But what do I know?

I found the t-boost to work great...when used with a stage 7 setup. Instead of using the V-boost eliminator tubes that come with the stage 7, I left the V-boost in tack and had it open at 3000 rpm. This gave me a good idle, easy starting, I was able to sync the carbs and I got the benefits of the stage 7 above 3000 rpm. This combination plus several other tricks gave me great HP #'s up top and good torque #'s in the middle.

But to use the t-boost or sassy on a stock or need stock bike would be a waste of time.

Thanks guys for your feetback i will check it out in 1\4 mile next saturday my last run was 12.02.:hmmm:

I use it and like the product.

There is a product review in this web sites product review section.

It's also Newbie friendly.

Apart from giving you the choice of what RPM your boost cuts in the unit also allows you to determine when boost cuts out. This gives you a kind of soft rev limiter or a shutoff control.

The shift light control allows you to use any light and housing for a shift light because the smarts are in the unit e.g. two colour LED's can be incorporated into the speedo instrument lights and your speedo can be a great big shift light (great at night) and you can also build your own shift light housing to suit your custom ride (be different, Evolve that ride).

The shift light controller can be used to drive other functions as well as a shift light e.g. auto-shifter or boost controller, injector bank etc. It's an RPM triggered input to whatever you want.

It's plug and play so if you want to install or de-install everything just plugs into or out of the standard harness without cutting and soldering.

Worth the money? Up to you to decide that.

Last edited:
Re: Handlebars

I'm pretty new here.

What is this? :ummm:

Attachments

• Tomaselli%20threeab.jpg
    Tomaselli%20threeab.jpg
    270.4 KB · Views: 31

Duh, I see the little red arrow now! It's for the SASY brand of V-Boost controller. Adjustable controller for your v-boost.

Sean Morley

Duh, I see the little red arrow now! It's for the SASY brand of V-Boost controller. Adjustable controller for your v-boost.

Sean Morley

Kind of like this.

Attachments

• DSCF1290w.jpg
    DSCF1290w.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 36
Last edited by a moderator:

Kind of like this.

Similar except that switch (usually referred to as a TBoost) just turns it on or off at 3k RPM or at the normal 6k rpm. The Sassy is a programmable controller so you can make the vboost engage at any RPM you want.

Back