Scorpion Exo R2000 Dispatch closeouts

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jims94vmx

Reaction score
Thought I would stop by and share.....

Found certain colors in this to be on closeout! I saw a few days ago 311 at Motorcycle Superstore and have been tempted.....well it gets better! 267.95 is the lowest I found. I went through Revzilla and they matched price, paid my Pa tax, and took off the 5 bucks from when I bought my PR3 front tire last month! So free shipping, all for .....drum roll.......

$262.95

I went with the Blue version (darker blue with black and white) not to be confused with the light blue called sky.

This goes nice with my 2010 Kawi Concours 14

Yeah Baby!!

Spoiled on Scorpion EXO 900 Transformer ( Modular ) .

Attachments

• Scorpion EXO 900 Transformer Helmet -1.jpg
    Scorpion EXO 900 Transformer Helmet -1.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 21
I 1st looked at the 900 but it is not DOT or Snell....one of those....Scorpion rep confirmed that at the NY MC show this year. Had been waiting...but the deal is too good. Glad you like the 900, I am sure I will like the 2000.

I 1st looked at the 900 but it is not DOT or Snell....one of those....Scorpion rep confirmed that at the NY MC show this year. Had been waiting...but the deal is too good. Glad you like the 900, I am sure I will like the 2000.

I think it is DOT rated , per web bike world review some time ago........

Scorpion EXO-900 Paint, Graphics and Overall Quality
The EXO-900 is available in Black and Matte Anthracite in addition to the "Hypersilver" color shown here. I'm not sure if more colors will become available, but let's hope so.
[UPDATE (8/09): Scorpion will add White, Hi-Visibility Yellow and Black Cherry colors in the Fall of 2009.]
The silver metallic paint is perfectly applied on this example though, and it does have a more brilliant appearance than other silver paints I've seen. The paint is evenly applied with no faults or dust bunnies underneath, which is not as easy to do as it seems, because many other helmets I've handled lately have one fault or another.
A fairly thick clear coat has been applied over the paint, giving the surface a nice finish and feel. The plastic surrounding the chin vent, top vent and exhaust vent is a solid color silver, just barely noticeable as different than the metallic paint covering the rest of the helmet, and this gives it a subtle but good-looking appearance.
The build quality is very good, with just a touch of the flip-up helmet creaking noise to be expected on a helmet of this type. But the shell feels very stiff for a flip-up helmet, and it's labeled as meeting both DOT and ECE helmet safety standards, a slight anomaly, because ECE rules say that helmets sold outside the EU should not carry the ECE approval sticker. But who's checking?
The design and operation of the vents is especially noteworthy, because the entire vent covers act as rockers that open or close the vents. This gives a smoother aspect to the design and the vents have a nice positive feel.
The liner and other fitments are also nicely done, and the engineering of the parts that allow the helmet to be transformed from a flip-up to open face and back again work easily and feel secure.
Score: I'll give the Scorpion EXO-900 an "Excellent" rating for overall quality, surface finish and clear coat and excellent overall fit and finish. See the ratings descriptions in the summary table at the end of this page.

I have the scorpion 1000 seems nice and according to the back of helmet snell and dot approved

I was just referring to the modular one. I was really on the fence but went with the full face. I have heard a lot a good feed back on the 1000 and 1100 as well....hoping this one lives up to that reputation!

My zx14 was in a photoshoot for Scorpion Helmets about 5 years ago

I got a Helmet out of the deal

Had a flip down sun shield Best idea ever but it did not retract all the way & vibrated all the time drove me nuts sold sold it on ebay

11033%20Scorpion%201368b_zpsahdafokp.jpg

11033%20Scorpion%201227_zpsturscs0b.jpg

Attachments

• 11033 Scorpion 1227.jpg
    11033 Scorpion 1227.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 11033 Scorpion 1368b.jpg
    11033 Scorpion 1368b.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 5
That is pretty awesome! The helmet you got was probably the exo 1000 or the exo 1100. they both have/had the drop down visor. This one I am getting does not but comes with a bonus dark tinted shield. cool pics! thanks for sharing.

Back