Cracking down on novelty helmets

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Helmets to me are an evil necessity, however many riders I know don't wear them and I can't say I have a problem with it. To each his own while riding. Though I do reserve the right to mock those that dont, all in good fun of course. As I would love to ride without one but I have an irrational fear of doing so. Not riding with a helmet would scare this little boy.

As for laws concerning helmets if an individual wants to ride with the wind in his face and be "less" safe so to speak please do so but know there is a certain amount of risk involved.might not be able to measure it however its just logical that its there.

Had my skull crushed as a child. They were picking bone fragments off the membrane over my brain. Rebuilt my skull, but have a huge scar now. If I had a helmet, I think this could have been avoided.
The Vmax Gods looked down upon me so I may live to ride another day.

Dress for the crash not the ride. I always wear a SNELL rated helmet, boots, textile jacket with armor and gloves. Sucks in the summer but for my family and myself it's worth it.

Had my skull crushed as a child. They were picking bone fragments off the membrane over my brain. Rebuilt my skull, but have a huge scar now. If I had a helmet, I think this could have been avoided.
The Vmax Gods looked down upon me so I may live to ride another day.

God damn that's pretty brutal.

Yeah brutal truth...
I usually tell the ladies that I was in a huge bar fight... but you should see the other guy! LOL

Before riding bare head, google some road abrasion injury pics, then decide. I'm all about the Gov't NOT regulating everything in sight. It's like gun regulation. Yes, some people will be shot, killed, & injured.Too bad. This is a free country, in theory anyway.

Awhile ago I was w/paramedic students at the hospital, and the trauma suites got two riders, both trauma alerts, neither wearing helmets, luckily they weren't in a 'persistent vegetative state' from their accidents. One was an off-duty cop. Both low-speed, relatively. Falling off the bike isn't what does the damage, usually, it's what you hit as you're tumbling, or what stops your body, and at what point of contact.

Here, the staff in the trauma room just tries to stabilize the patient, no thought given as to saying, 'this person didn't wear a helmet, no service.'

Here in SD they have passed helmet laws, they are usually repealed very quickly and currently it only exists for minors which i agree with. Im adamantly opposed to adult helmet laws and have rallied/will do so again when needed to keep the govt from protecting me from myself. I would not even put the key in without a quality full face and my kevlar leathers, and this is MY choice. If you trust these idiots and their in car distraction systems/phones with your life than be my guest. I beg all readers to consider their safety and don a lid but if you choose to go without then that MUST remain your decision. It is our civic duty to protect ourselves from government intrusion where we are not hurting others. If we fail to do so then we set a terrible precedent for further intrusion/abuse by govt. Our privacies and rights are being eroded enough as it is and we should not stand for it. Agree or disagree with helmet use, We really need to fight to keep the ability to choose.
/rant mode off

Here in SD they have passed helmet laws, they are usually repealed very quickly and currently it only exists for minors which i agree with. Im adamantly opposed to adult helmet laws and have rallied/will do so again when needed to keep the govt from protecting me from myself. I would not even put the key in without a quality full face and my kevlar leathers, and this is MY choice. If you trust these idiots and their in car distraction systems/phones with your life than be my guest. I beg all readers to consider their safety and don a lid but if you choose to go without then that MUST remain your decision. It is our civic duty to protect ourselves from government intrusion where we are not hurting others. If we fail to do so then we set a terrible precedent for further intrusion/abuse by govt. Our privacies and rights are being eroded enough as it is and we should not stand for it. Agree or disagree with helmet use, We really need to fight to keep the ability to choose.
/rant mode off

I like you a lot! Well stated.

Matt

Latest posts

Back