Cooling System Hose Kit

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VS Bullet

Reaction score
Does anyone make a hose kit for the 1st generation V-Max. I'm thinking if I order them piece by piece from Yamaha it might get a little expensive. I noticed one of the carb boots is cracked also, so I might as well replace all the rubber around the carbs to.

This is a 1988 model that hasn't been maintained. Evidently it has done a lot of sitting around the last few years. It was tough to get the oil filter housing off, then the bolt out, thought someone had welded it on, but it was just the old rubber.

Everything looks oem, I suspect its normal to start replacing all the rubber? Probably already should have been replaced.

There are a few silicone hose sets out there. Luvthehub on eBay has a no name set. Sean sells Samco sets. I'm wanting to do the same thing, boots and hoses. Also cycle one off sells a nice spin on oil filter adapter.

Yes, we do sell the Samco's which have a number of colors available (though most aren't stocked). I know a red set is available (got the black set sold). We can order anything you would like though!

Sean

I bought a Samco set, very good quality, way better than stock.....

I didn't know Sean had them or would have bought them from him.....

If they have to be ordered from the factory it takes a while, they are made on demand in the UK and took about 3 months, I'm sure Sean could do better.....

Yea, they do take time to get here and I don't stock much. The black set I have available sold a couple of weeks ago. A red set and a green set are available.

Sean

I never had to replace any on my 85 yet, but those things are pricey.........228 bucks for a ten piece set and 138.00 for a 6 piece set.

The silver is a very good looking color. The blue is of course very striking as are most of the other colors. Black and Silver though are more universal. Black is far cheaper (though still not cheap). I believe this a 7 hose kit.

Sean

The silver is a very good looking color. The blue is of course very striking as are most of the other colors. Black and Silver though are more universal. Black is far cheaper (though still not cheap). I believe this a 7 hose kit.

Sean

how long does it take to receive an order sean?

Depends on the color. The last set took me about a month to get from Samco. I have the exactreps usually on hand (cheaper) but can't remember if I have another set (sold a black set a couple of weeks ago). Might have a red set on hand too.

Just email me if you are interested and I can verify.

Sean

That's a great price and includes the clamps which is an extra cost with the other kits (I usually reuse the OEM clamps anyway).

Sean

I bought a set from exactrep in blue but its not the same color blue as the picture and I don't think it will look right on my bike. so I will email you sean and I will probably be selling the set I bought..

I bought a set of those black silicone hoses off ebay, hoses worked awesomely great but the clamps were cheap and oversized, I just used the old ones after I soaked them in my ultrasonic cleaner. Took a little bit longer than a week to arrive to me in Alaska.

I bought a set of those black silicone hoses off ebay, hoses worked awesomely great but the clamps were cheap and oversized, I just used the old ones after I soaked them in my ultrasonic cleaner. Took a little bit longer than a week to arrive to me in Alaska.

Cool I think I am going to get a couple sets for my 85's

I have the LMC brand and they are pretty good, color matches up well with my paint too. I have the complete hose replacement set but haven't put on all the hoses yet, possibly this spring.

Latest posts

Back