How about a stage seven Mikuni setup

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joelyons50023

Reaction score
What would this entail for all of the jets and needles to come up with a stage seven only mikuni style any help would be great.

There was a post on the stage 7.
I am really not sure of your question. A stage 7 kits comes with PAJ2, Main Jets, Stage 7 Needles, Air Correctors and Filters.
Can you give more detail to what information you are seeking?

What would this entail for all of the jets and needles to come up with a stage seven only mikuni style any help would be great.

Click on the "Morley's Muscle" advertisement at the upper right hand corner of the page.

Sean is a stand up guy,:thumbs up: he'll set you up right, or if you still prefer to go in a different direction he'll help you out there too.

:cheers:

ok I was just wondering about getting all mikuni parts ex. main jets, paj2 , needles ect but i don't want to buy the dyno jet kit that comes with the manifolds and the puke tank for the oil. i just want mikuni parts only equilevant to the dyno jet kit and i called dynojet and they do not sell just the needles except for in the kit so in parting the kit out mikuni would be the best bet b/c through parts unlimited i can get all mikuni parts. so i know that mikuni jets are roughly 10 less than dj jets but other than that i do not know and does the stage seven kit really come with filters because i looked and from dynojet they say nothing about coming with the air filters?

ok I was just wondering about getting all mikuni parts ex. main jets, paj2 , needles ect but i don't want to buy the dyno jet kit that comes with the manifolds and the puke tank for the oil. i just want mikuni parts only equilevant to the dyno jet kit and i called dynojet and they do not sell just the needles except for in the kit so in parting the kit out mikuni would be the best bet b/c through parts unlimited i can get all mikuni parts. so i know that mikuni jets are roughly 10 less than dj jets but other than that i do not know and does the stage seven kit really come with filters because i looked and from dynojet they say nothing about coming with the air filters?

Sean has parts he can hook you up with, you wont be dissapointed.

Dynojet kit does not come with air filters. You buy those separate.
If I was to start over again I would have gotten Seans' kit.

You dont need PAJ2, but if you run the ind. air filters you will need the air correctors from dynojet.

Personally stage 7 is seems to be designed for WOT only. It kills the midrange.

If you goto Dynojets site they give you all the parts that are included in the kit.
I am just running Stage 1 needles
DJ 165 Mains
Stock Coil Springs with 4 coild wrapped
Air Correctors
Ind Air Filters
V-BOOST always open.

I am strong all the way to redline with no flat spots getting an avg of 27 MPG.
1000FT above sea level.

If you goto Dynojets site they give you all the parts that are included in the kit.
I am just running Stage 1 needles
DJ 165 Mains
Stock Coil Springs with 4 coild wrapped
Air Correctors
Ind Air Filters
V-BOOST always open.

I am strong all the way to redline with no flat spots getting an avg of 27 MPG.
1000FT above sea level.

Hey Lankey,

I'm running DJ 165's, two coils cut from the stock springs, stock needles shimmed .010 and Vboost wired open permanently......runs great as is and seems kinda similiar to your setup.

Do you think I could simply get the air correctors and filters and ditch my air box?

The main reason I want to lose the airbox is for room it would provide for the bottle for a Nitrous system I'd like to install some day.......

Thanks,

Rusty

Bike runs better with the airbox, bottom at least, intact. Why waste the money on a Stage 7 kit which tend to be finiky to tune instead of just buying Sean's kit which is done right? Not to sound like I am just pumping up Sean's kit, but my experiences so far are that this kit is hands down better than anything else out on the market. Doing airbox mods, playing with mix and match parts can be a royal pain in the arse, and if you get something wrong it can be an even bigger pain going back. Of course this is just my opinion and nothing else, but it is backed up by the testing that Sean and others have done with the Max's carbs and airbox.

Hey Lankey,

I'm running DJ 165's, two coils cut from the stock springs, stock needles shimmed .010 and Vboost wired open permanently......runs great as is and seems kinda similiar to your setup.

Do you think I could simply get the air correctors and filters and ditch my air box?

The main reason I want to lose the airbox is for room it would provide for the bottle for a Nitrous system I'd like to install some day.......

Thanks,

Rusty

Hey Rusty
Yes we are very close in carb setups.
I ordered my aircorrectors directly from dynojet, I think they are in Vegas. They were pretty cheap if I am not mistaken they were under 10.00
I bought my individual air filters off of ebay for 30.00 all 4 and they are working well.
You will either have to make or buy your crankase ventalation system if you go with ind air filtyers. I have many posts about all the steps I have done if you check my previous post.
I wouldnt install the NOS bottle under the faux. The heat from the engine will increase the PSI of nos. I know on days of 85+ I have my bottle pressure get up to 1300 PSI and its mounted on the side of my bike.
My setup runs really strong with no flat spots.

Back