What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well, after a long friday night at the race track i brought the max home washed her up drained the fuel and preped her for her LONG journey from Guam to Oklahoma. She gets crated up on 1 Oct and I will not see her until 1 Dec. Should be delivered just in time to tear her down and transplant the internals to the frame I purchased recently.

David Justiss
USAF First Sergeant

This weekend with the help of everybody here I changed the coolant (just normal all engine green) and installed 2 horn with a relay. It's nice to know that I can now be heard if the need arises. Next comes an oil change.

Cleaned up the little plate behind the seat ( with the reflector). Took everything off and put on a 12 LED stop light. Really bright and just a bit higher than the Tail Blaser system I have in the stock tail light housing.
Next is to make the rear turn signels into running lights.

Lew

Cleaned up the little plate behind the seat ( with the reflector). Took everything off and put on a 12 LED stop light. Really bright and just a bit higher than the Tail Blaser system I have in the stock tail light housing.
Next is to make the rear turn signels (sp) into running lights.

Lew

Are you just gonna swap the front bayonets into the rear signals, w/a bit of new wire to make it work?

What was the turn around time on the wheel, Do I have to buy another and send to kosman. I may do this mod. I really like the look of the stock rims just me mind you. Do you have the swing arm notch for the tire.

Man I'm happy with having 170 shinko tires on the bike that was a very strong plus. I did take the bike out today when my wifie lift man it hurts to ride. But very nice day in MD.

it's a 17 welded up by Kosman. About 5 weeks but I dont think that used to be the standard. UNfortunately... When he called to tell me it was done and to get my visa #, he also said I had the distinction of being his last customer. Kosman Specialties is not owned by Sandy anymore, but he had SKRacing right next door to do wheels. That website is now gone.

The 180/55r17 fits the stock swingarm but just barely. Sportmax does sell a 17 rear that matches the stock front pretty well, for like a grand. Between the bill from Kosman and the purchase of a spare set of wheels and shipping, I'm into it for 900 anyway. But the weldup looks cool.

it's a 17 welded up by Kosman. About 5 weeks but I dont think that used to be the standard. UNfortunately... When he called to tell me it was done and to get my visa #, he also said I had the distinction of being his last customer. Kosman Specialties is not owned by Sandy anymore, but he had SKRacing right next door to do wheels. That website is now gone.

The 180/55r17 fits the stock swingarm but just barely. Sportmax does sell a 17 rear that matches the stock front pretty well, for like a grand. Between the bill from Kosman and the purchase of a spare set of wheels and shipping, I'm into it for 900 anyway. But the weldup looks cool.

http://kosmanspecialties.com/

Here is the link....is says that there is a new owner...and a new website coming soon.

Next is to make the rear turn signels into running lights.

Lew

Lew, might want to check with the cops to see if there are any regs concerning this mod....I did it a few years ago and was cautioned it's illegal in some states, don't remember who mentioned it, may have been Sean.

NYSP's had no problem with it as it turned out.

New seat covers will be installing soon maybe in the morning.

Attachments

• P1060613.jpg
    P1060613.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 29
  • P1060615.jpg
    P1060615.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 24
  • P1060616.jpg
    P1060616.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 22
  • P1060606.jpg
    P1060606.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 29
Nice looking bike, Fullhouse. Yours is as well Jagco1, Never seen the tuning fork emblem located in that spot, not to sure about that but like the rest.

Nice looking bike, Fullhouse. Yours is as well Jagco1, Never seen the tuning fork emblem located in that spot, not to sure about that but like the rest.

Thanks Hellboy, I'm still updating the bike.

Install the seat covers today., They came with about 1/4" foam to.

Attachments

• IMG_20140924_145316.jpg
    IMG_20140924_145316.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 31
  • vmax side seat 2.jpg
    vmax side seat 2.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 30
Welp... went to do the starter clutch. Found this when I drained the oil.Oil drain plug with debris attached.jpgNOT a good sign finding debris like that!

Finally got this far and then stopped.Side Covers off Woona.jpg

Cause THIS fell out! Piece of the starter clutch.jpg
That and several other pieces. Eeyup! My starter clutch has grenaded itself... fuck my life

But, I figured a nifty way to keep track of the side cover bolts!Saving the side cover bolts.jpg

Anyways. New starter clutch is gonna run me $150 after shipping. Might as well get the hard bags mounted while I wait.

AND IT WAS GONNA BE A GOOD WEEKEND TOO!!!!
raritycry.png

Changed the oil and filter in my 94. Thanks to Sean's video I knew to look for the washer that was missing (got one at the local dealer). Also installed a C.O.O. oil pressure gauge. No leaks and pressure is right where it should be (plus it looks cool). Now it looks like when I shut the the bike off using the kill switch, next time I try to start the bike the key does not activate the fuel pump or vboost servo (neutral light does come on). If I wiggle things a bit and flick the kill switch a few times thing start working again. Any pointers where to start this bug hunt would be appreciated.

Contacts in the switch housing. Try shooting some electrical cleaner in there and have rags handy to catch any overspray or drainage.

Went for a ride to get gas and shamed a cbr600rr... silly kid didnt know what he was messing with, lol. After i gothome my son wanted to ride... could be a hell of a throttle jockey with his power to weight ratio and aerodynamics, lol.

Attachments

• CAM00065.jpg
    CAM00065.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 35
PatMax the great guy he is brought me some nice powdercoated parts for # 217 I will get after I get in TN . I am collecting a lot of nice original parts for the restore. It will be a very sweet almost original 85 in a couple years. MIght have to loan it to Barbor.LOL

Saturday I took my bike in for its annual inspection. Passed with flying colors, a little question about my horn being so quiet. Dealership also had Victory Demos going on. I road 3 bikes; Gunner- not too bad, my back didn't care for long ride, but it is worth the price. Then I got on the Hammer- nice looks but same engine so nothing new, seating less comfortable for back. Then I rode a Ness Magnum, very comfortable seating, couldn't hear words thru the speakers going down highway but just another distraction I don't need on the bike, and same engine with more bike so underpowered. It felt funny and different to get back on my bike, but I did notice my old max will smoke those bikes. Even the guy that pulled up next to me on my way home, he said I have nothing for your bike to play with. Then I laid a patch and took off.. Wondering if I should register it as antique next year.... Next weekend time to demo a V-Rod and see what they feel like....

Latest posts

Back