want to buy a set of rims -which brands available ?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uri gal

Reaction score
Hello all

I want to buy a set of rims to my vmax -which brands available (in the USA)?

I am thinking about:

Front – 17” for tire 120/70 – I think it’s a 3.5” rim
Rear rim (I am planning to buy sean morlys 3” extended swingarm) so I can go to 190 . so I am thinking about 6” (+\-) rims… did not decide yet 17” or 18”.

which brands is available to a vmax? (in a Reasonable price)

Thank you

Uri

Carrozzerra's, Max Daddy's, Dyna Mags, and there are a few others. You can have the OEM wheels modified too, Or, if you can locate a used set of Kosman's, they aren't made anymore. Boxenstopp sells wheels too.

I sell the Carr's (only a few left) which are very light which helps a LOT for handling (not including the improvement by just swapping to radials) as well as RC Comp wheels (which have a lot of selection in styles but are heavy).

Not as many options for 17" wheels out there.

I THINK i have a set of dymags coming in that will be available for sale.

Wow that RC Comp is looking goooooooooooooddddd

So many choices

I saw there the SHIFTER, ASSAULT and the WIDOW that I like a lot

Sean I will be in Touch J

I wish they weighed a lot less then they do. The 18's are all that they offer for the Max now too by the way. We did an 18" rear and 19" front some years back for a customer that looked very good.

Yep.....I have an RC wheel. Looks great but without bushings....bearings....etc....it was 45 lbs to get it shipped to the house.

Sent from my SCH-R890 using Tapatalk

Sean, your 3"+ swingarm can handle a 190/55 17" without replacing washer ?

If so, it will be very close to the left arm or still have some space?

Sean, your 3"+ swingarm can handle a 190/55 17" without replacing washer ?

If so, it will be very close to the left arm or still have some space?

With a stock swingarm and a 180/55/17 tire I have 4mm space on the left of the tire without the washer swap. The 17" wheels give a little more room.

Seans swingarm as a offset of1/4” for the left.

Sould it be o.k with 190/55 – 17” ?

I don’t want to go to 180/55-17 because it will make the RPM go higher and will kill some off the efact that I have from my venure Difrtzial

The offset of the wheel will determine what size tire you can use. When we offset the arm we don't normally notch it much. So you may need to move the washer depending on how they build the wheel. There are not many 17" wheels available anymore and I highly suggest NOT using it if they tell you that it's wider then 6" (or even wider then 5.5").

Sean

I have a set of magnesium dymags on 17" with tires and 320mm spondon rotors if everything else fails...

its looks like RC don't have anymore a 5" or 5.5" rim in 17".
That’s what I found on the net.

I emailed them But they are not replayed it yet

How it possible that I cannot get a 5.5 rim in 17” ????

The main rim blank company only offers 6.25" width in the 17" now. As I noted I can sell you any of the RC Wheels (at under retail) but there won't be a 17" that is going to work. You MIGHT be able to get a 17" used wheel from when they did offer 5.5" width from another bike and simply swap the hubs out but then you're buying two sets of wheels (at least one set used).

Sean

Did you mean to say that his wheel has a 1/4" offset? I think that's probably more correct. I'm not sure how his wheels are constructed, they may use varying spacers to provide whatever spacing is desired. Also wouldn't any offset be to the right? It's the left side clearance which is tight.

Seans swingarm as a offset of1/4” for the left.

Sould it be o.k with 190/55 – 17” ?

I don’t want to go to 180/55-17 because it will make the RPM go higher and will kill some off the efact that I have from my venure Difrtzial

We offset our swingarms to better center the wheels. The stock wheel is about 1/8" to the right so using a stock wheel will shift it to the same on the left. Many aftermarket wheels are around 1/4" or more to the right.

Sean

Back