Compression guage adapter?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shuriken

Reaction score
Does one have to get a compression guage adapter from Yamaha or can one get the fitting somewhere else? What mm size is it? I already have a guage but the plugs are so skinny it won't fit.

look in the motormite isle at auto zone ( the isle that has all the red packages that say help on then ) look at or ask for spark plug non foulers . its a adapter that moves your plug out of the chamber so oil from a leaking valve seat wont kill your plug . sometimes you can get them in jump sizes . if you cant find one that will work just rent a compression guage kit frome them , it will have all the adapters you need .

Well, nobody anywhere has an adapter. I've tried everyone. I found a place online that sells the 12mm adapter for 10.50 and then they want 9.50 to ship the dinky thing to me. Ebay has forever ruined shipping costs... but that's beside the point.

Anyone have any other ideas?

find a mechanic that will let you borrow one,try Harbor freight,Sears has the whole kit with Gage and all adapters.I just borrowed one from a mechanic,I had the Gage too.

Latest posts

Back