T-Boost

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mabchewy

Reaction score
Installled my T-Boost controller last night. I like it much better having full power from 3000 on up. Throttle response seems better to me and it is def eaiser to get the front wheel up!

Some say its not worth having the T-boost and that you feel the bike going faster ( seat of your pants) , I also have the T-boost which kicks in at 3K and with a K&N filter and some adjustment of A/F mixture it can be a pleasure to use.
Can someone explain why the bike feels that it has more aggressive acceleration with the T-boost? its not just an illusion, I use it sometimes
and it is definetly worth the $45, if you don't want to go into stage 7 and other drastic mods.
With the "air spirals TM"I made ( an air spinning device) It sure feel even more aggressive acceleration.
When I finish my testing phase of the air spirals I'll post them together with how to make it.
It costs no more than $3.00 to make 4 of them one in each stack!
Ibrahim.
________
Mercury Mountaineer

Last edited:
it is accelerating faster. when V Boost kicks in it opens some butterfly valves and forces more fuel into the carbs. Its basically like a poor mans nitrous system

KRL0215 said:
it is accelerating faster. when V Boost kicks in it opens some butterfly valves and forces more fuel into the carbs. Its basically like a poor mans nitrous system
I would like to see some dyno proof on one of these or a sassy.I removed mine because I felt it was slowing me down.Maybe it depends on the riding style of the rider.Stage 7 suites my style fine. Shawn

shawn kloker said:
I would like to see some dyno proof on one of these or a sassy.I removed mine because I felt it was slowing me down.Maybe it depends on the riding style of the rider.Stage 7 suites my style fine. Shawn
Shawn, if you install the T-boost and do nothing else it can slow you down and feels too rich, I almost gave up on it and was seriously thinking of removing it so I decided to let the carbs get more air using K&N filter and the spiral thing I made plus some A/F mixture adjustment these made a big difference and the bike actually accelerates much quicker, not bad for a $45 thing. I haven't done any dyno I really don't care that much about numbers, it was mentioned by some that it does not increase horse power but to me it definitely accelerates much quicker , all my riding is streets and canyons.
The only thing I noticed is that the bike doesn't like to be at 4-5K rpm at steady speeds with T-boost at 3k, you either accelerate strongly or slow down .
I think with T-boost the bike has two charters
normal and hyper;)
I use the hyper sometimes lane splitting & I scare myself:Dizzy:
Ibrahim
________
buy herbalaire vaporizer

Last edited:
It works great with a stage 7/K&n filters with working V-Boost

I agree with you there. I've got an autoboost with Stage 7 and you flick a switch when you want to get the extra get up and go, instant rush!!:BigGrin:

I know this post is over a year old, but it came up during a search.

For those of you with T-boost, do you think it'll make a difference with my bike- Kerker 4 2 1 and probably K&n? I too thought that putting one on a stock bike would cause it to go way rich at lower RPM's but i'm thinking with my exhaust and the k&n that it should lean things out a little better down low but hopefully not up top.

I know this post is over a year old, but it came up during a search.

For those of you with T-boost, do you think it'll make a difference with my bike- Kerker 4 2 1 and probably K&n? I too thought that putting one on a stock bike would cause it to go way rich at lower RPM's but i'm thinking with my exhaust and the k&n that it should lean things out a little better down low but hopefully not up top.

Did you jet the carbs?:ummm:

I am thinking with the Kerker and a K&N a good stage 1 kit is better than T-Boost all day long...

Personally I think the Sasy is the way to go as it gives you a lot more options to choose from.

The carbs and stuff were tuned/jetted when the pipe was put on by previous owner. I pulled the plugs this afternoon and they looked good as far as lean/rich, but i changed them anyway. I haven't got a k&n yet, but if it was to help lean it out with t-boost then i would. And what is sasy???

Did a search and found out what it is. If i'm not happy with the T-boost that will definetly be something i would get, probably more for the shift light than anything, and maybe the 1800 rpm boost switch, that should be fun.

Did a search and found out what it is. If i'm not happy with the T-boost that will definetly be something i would get, probably more for the shift light than anything, and maybe the 1800 rpm boost switch, that should be fun.

Nah... The shift light on it is useless... The fact that it gives you a lot more Vboost adjustability is what's nice. Plug and play is also nice...

Here's a really poor quality pic of it and a shift light...

Attachments

• img028.jpg
    img028.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 27
Cool, what's the cheapest place to buy one at?? I just went and done the lil' mod where v-boost is on all the time (turn key on go through one cycle turn it off deal) and found it did good as long as ur gettin on it in 1st, but if u were in 2nd or 3rd it would make it slower b/c it was getting too much fuel down low. But i think if it kicked in at 2500 or 2600 it would be nice, so i'm gonna see how the t-boost does and if it doesn't work out, i'll be gettin the other one. But i'm having trouble getting this thing to hook, what kind/size of tire should i look into getting?

Cool, what's the cheapest place to buy one at?? I just went and done the lil' mod where v-boost is on all the time (turn key on go through one cycle turn it off deal) and found it did good as long as ur gettin on it in 1st, but if u were in 2nd or 3rd it would make it slower b/c it was getting too much fuel down low. But i think if it kicked in at 2500 or 2600 it would be nice, so i'm gonna see how the t-boost does and if it doesn't work out, i'll be gettin the other one. But i'm having trouble getting this thing to hook, what kind/size of tire should i look into getting?

As far as I'm concerned the bias ply tires are all crap for grip... The Venom's are probably the best, but radials offer so many more to choose from...

I play hell getting my radial to light up...:thumbs up:

V-Boost at 4500 is perfect in my book... You can use it around town and not worry about constantly being in it when cruising...:thumbs up:

Cheapest place for the shift light? Not sure... Cycle one off or UFO or Wild Bros. Sean Morley might have them too...

I've got the Z-boost (I think, I forget) which gives the option of V-boost completely off, on at 3000 or stock at 6000. On at 3000 makes a big difference for around town riding. Stock, the Vmax feels strong off the bottom end, up to around 3000rpm, and then sorta weak until the V-boost kicks in at 6000. (I have stock pipes with 5 holes drilled in each muffler, and a K&N.) Having the V-boost on at 3000 fixes that dip in the power.

As far as having the V-boost on all the time, I've heard that it's too rich at idle and low RPMs, but I don't have any personal experience with that.

Raptor shift lights are pretty cheap on ebay.They repaired mine for free even after the warranty was up.

Another nice thing about switchable V-boost is the ability to go back to stock or turn off the V-boost entirely. Having V-boost at 3000rpm makes the bike a much more aggressive machine at around-town speeds. I wouldn't feel comfortable letting anyone ride the Vmax for the first time with the V-boost set at 3000rpm. For most riders, I'd leave it at 6000 or turn it off entirely.

V-boost at 1800rpm seems just a little TOO low. The stock bike's midrange flat spot doesn't happen until around 3000rpm--having the V-boost kick in there is perfect. The bottom end is plenty powerful as-is.

Latest posts

Back