7th Annual Spring Ice Breaker

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thevmaxrider

Reaction score
Well, it is that time of year where I need to get busy planning the Spring Ice Breaker. Hard to believe that this will be the 7th edition of the ride!!! Dates are fixed at June 1-3rd. What I am struggling with is a location for this years ride. For that I am going to ask you folks for some help. There are two schools of thought concering where to host the event and I would like the people here to help me decide.

First thought is to find another location her in Ontario, taking into account that the ride will have to be in Southern Ontario regardless. There are a couple of locations that we can hit that we haven't been to in the past.

Or, the other idea was to move the ride stateside and hold it in NW New York, just east or south of the Buffalo region. For this area I will need to find some help from folks who live in that area for organizing rides, hotelling, and the meal on Saturday night.

So, what I would like is for the riders here to post up which idea they like and we will see where it goes!!!!

I can certainly help if you decide to hold it in NY, South of Buffalo.
I'd be more than willing to contact local Hotels and Restaurants and try to work out a deal somewhere close.
I grew up here and can easily work out whatever you need,
if you get me the details of what exactly that is.

If it's held in Ontario, I won't be attending.

I can certainly help if you decide to hold it in NY, South of Buffalo.
I'd be more than willing to contact local Hotels and Restaurants and try to work out a deal somewhere close.
I grew up here and can easily work out whatever you need,
if you get me the details of what exactly that is.

If it's held in Ontario, I won't be attending.

Hey Dennis!!! I am leaning toward the New York side of the border for this year. A little bird told me that a certain popular ride is not happening this year so I am hoping to attract some of those attendees. What we would need is a hotel, a place for dinner Saturday night, and a ride route with a lunch stop for Saturday. If you would explore setting that stuff up and let me know, either by PM here or you can call me at home, and we can go from there. Thanks for the offer of help!!!! Much appreciated!!!!

Will do, give me a few days and Give the Name of the Ride you're referring to (via PM if you want) so I can look into what area exactly it was to take place in.
And Approximately how nay people will need rooms and how many at dinner.

As you know ther are some great roads south of here for riding.
How long a ride (round trip) do you want to take once here ?

How about we combine the Ice Breaker ride and the Ride To Hell if we are going to ride in the States?

Work that out with Jim and let me know.
I just need to have the number of people total attending so I can try and get the best deal possible at a hotel and check for a restuarnat with a room for the VMOA to have a private dinner on Sat. night.

Last edited:
If you are going to Hell Michigan I will ride with you. I can also help with route. And im sure i can get about 5 or more vmax's to show up.

Ice Breaker Ride - Possible Routes:
1. Hamburg to Westfield to Jamestown via Rt 20 to Rt 5 (Along Lake Erie and around Lake Chataugua) -> 219 to Hamburg (Allegheny Mtns/foothills) (1-1/2 hr + 1hr 45 Min = 3-1/4 hrs) 160 Miles
2. Hamburg to Salamaca via 219 (Allegheny Mtns/foothills) -> 98 to arcade to 77 to 20a back to Hamburg (Nice routethrough the country). (1 hour + 1 Hr + 1
Hr = 3 hrs) 128 Miles
3. Hamburg to Naples, NY via 20A (Finger Lakes) -> Naples to Canandaigua via Rt 21 (Along the Lake) -> rt 20 back to Hamburg (2 Hrs + 32
Mins + 2 Hrs = 4-1/2 hrs) 202 Miles
Stop at LetchWorth State Park (Grand Canyon of the East) -> add in a few Hours and 40 or so Miles
http://nysparks.com/parks/79/details.aspx
Add in an additional 1 to 2 hrs for Lunch and Gas breaks.

You can Mapquest these Ruotes and Let me know your opinion on these.
I'm leaning towards either the Salamaca or Canadaguia Ride myself.

Last edited:
Canandaigua is a beautiful area to ride, the road follows the lake very close. Lots of rollers and twisties with great scenery.

Ice Breaker Ride - Possible Routes:
1. Hamburg to Westfield to Jamestown via Rt 20 to Rt 5 (Along Lake Erie and around Lake Chataugua) -> 219 to Hamburg (Allegheny Mtns/foothills) (1-1/2 hr + 1hr 45 Min = 3-1/4 hrs) 160 Miles
2. Hamburg to Salamaca via 219 (Allegheny Mtns/foothills) -> 98 to arcade to 77 to 20a back to Hamburg (Nice routethrough the country). (1 hour + 1 Hr + 1
Hr = 3 hrs) 128 Miles
3. Hamburg to Naples, NY via 20A (Finger Lakes) -> Naples to Canandaigua via Rt 21 (Along the Lake) -> rt 20 back to Hamburg (2 Hrs + 32
Mins + 2 Hrs = 4-1/2 hrs) 202 Miles
Add in an additional 1 to 1-2 hrs for Lunch and Gas break.

You can Mapquest these Ruotes and Let me know your opinion on these.
I'm leaning towards either the Salamaca or Canadaguia Ride myself.

I like option 3

Thanks for the Update Jim.
And so far Option 3 is looking like the Route of Choice.

Not A problem, I plan on talking to at least 3 Different Hotel/Motels (Assuming 12-14 Rooms will be needed) and 3 Different Restaurants to see who has the best deal.
I also assume a Private Dining Room for Saturday Night is preferred, I'll see what's available at at waht cost.
And I figure 6-7 PM for Dinner considering a 9-10 AM Ride start and about 6 Hours for ride.

Last edited:
Isn't there a Red Roof Inn in Hamburg, NY, that some Canadian VMax-ers used on the way to Thunder? Just a thought.

You can't go wrong with the Finger Lakes. Been there twice and enjoyed it. A ride through Letchworth State Park would be nice.

Blaine

^ Yes there is and I'm going to talk to them.
There are about 5 Different Hotels within 1/2 Mile or so of each other so I'll talk to all of them and try to get the best deal possible.
And Letchworth is definitely do-able if we feel like it.
It's not too far out of the way.

One of the guys mentioned Angola Beach last night as a place that might be good to find a hotel at as there were a couple of watering holes right nearby on the water. Any ideas about this?

One of the guys mentioned Angola Beach last night as a place that might be good to find a hotel at as there were a couple of watering holes right nearby on the water. Any ideas about this?

I just looked up google maps didn't pop up and hotels in angola

Latest posts

Back