Marvel Mystery Oil

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kenreesesr

Reaction score
How does the forum feel about adding Marvel Mystery oil in small amounts as an additive during an oil change, and out of the 3.59 qt capacity, what would you consider a correct amount to add?

How does the forum feel about adding Marvel Mystery oil in small amounts as an additive during an oil change, and out of the 3.59 qt capacity, what would you consider a correct amount to add?

The only thing that I would worry about is would there be an issue with the wet clutch?

The only thing that I would worry about is would there be an issue with the wet clutch?

I've never noticed any clutch problems and use MMO all the time...about an ounce in the oil and an ounce in the gas. Old timers....claim it keeps rust from forming in the gas tank.

I have no idea if this is true or not....but the stuff has been around since before dirt so I use it. :punk:

This is another one of those "repeating threads" where info on the subject can be found by doing a search on the site. I went as far as to post the MSDS for Marvel Mystery Oil. There was quite a lively discussion about this and other lubricants. You used to be able to add a port to your carb manifold to drip MMO into the intake from a remote reservoir for "top cylinder lubrication." That was one of the JC Whitney staples in the fueling section of their print catalog along w/flat "pizza-tin" air filters of differing sizes and anti-fouling extensions for spark plugs.

I use a couple ozs in my bike and gas tank all the time. I add it to everything I own, bike, boat, all my vehicles and even my plane. I often wandered why I never had rust problems in my Vmax like a few other members. I guess Dannmax may be right about the myth of MMO prevents rust in your fuel tank.

I don't use it as a oil or fuel additive, I do use it as an air tool oil and have been for many years.........................Tom.

Yes Danny...........3-5 drops would be about right................Tom.............In a pinch automatic trans fluid works well too.

We've even run seafoam in the oil. Helps get rid of the condensation/water and clears up the custom engine covers.

This site has a lot of good, scientifically backed information, including a good bit on motor oils.

In general he says that when combined with good maintenance habits, they're not likely to cause adverse effects, but also not likely to give advantages over a regular high quality oil.

Latest posts

Back