1997 VMax Un-molestation

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They look good black. What paint and method?
Did you have any oxidation to remove first?

I took the clear off my fork brace today just to see how it would go. The clear had oxidation underneath and was ugly.
I had brain fade and sprayed onto the stock silver paint on that piece too so that will need sorting.

Even with just a quick polish it looked better but to get it shiny Ill have to sand down past the factory heavy brushed texture.

Or I may go black as you have............ I do want alloy scoops though. They are half black now (stock) and I like the alloy look.

I have lots of ugly alloy so need to do something to pretty her up a bit without getting obsessive. I dont want to be scared to ride it. Ive seen that with car guys. Whats the point then??

And women? I am no expert but if its that hard already maybe its not a go then?
Having said that I have learned over the years communication issues are the cause of a huge majority of relationship issues and it sounds like this is no exception.
She said how she felt to someone other than the guy who she needed to talk to.

If they were made anywhere else it would be proudly posted in the listing. "USA seller" means guy here selling stuff made in China. They do look cool though. Cant wait to see how it comes along.

I am usually extremely against made in China products...

However this one appears to be quality. A lot of products we use today are made in China, and seem to last quite awhile.

You'll hear an update about them holding up well or not, or I'll probably stop posting when the brake master cylinder goes out and I crash.

I'm a huge fan of the Milwaukee M18 Fuel series, but unfortunately they're made in China. I've had it for over two years and heavy use on it. No problems to date, haven't even had to replace the original battery yet.

But .. yeah.. I'm not a made in China fan either.

The front end is back together now..

Paint looks pretty good. A few more pieces to paint.

I found that rustoleum didn't work as well as Valspar ... the color match is fine. However something must have been different in the paint as Valspar gave more even coats, and better overall finish.

The front end is back together now..

Paint looks pretty good. A few more pieces to paint.

I found that rustoleum didn't work as well as Valspar ... the color match is fine. However something must have been different in the paint as Valspar gave more even coats, and better overall finish.

I agree -my preference is Valspar over Rustoleum.
Rustoleum tends to cover not nearly as clean.

I ended up dropping

Handle bar holder
Handle bar riser
Turn signal holder that connects to the parts above
Both side air scoop covers
Both side covers near the battery
Rear fender frame section.

for gloss block powder coating.

Guess what the cost was for everything?

$150. I've known the owners son since I was 6, and I never made the connection he might be related to the shop. Well I walked in and knew Chris immediately.

They only charged me the set-up fee, which was awesome. (Most likely a one time thing... but ) I will definitely will be going back in the future.

P1000273.jpg

P1000275.jpg

P1000280.jpg

P1000281.jpg

Finish is coming out very nice. I noticed a few things that I should have seen when I put a guide coat on. Whatever I have time. So I took it down and fixed it. Tomorrow I should finish sanding let it dry, and then put some nice basecoat and clear over it.

Looking good. I would have peeled the sticker off the rear fender though.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Thats a sticker?

No way.

I couldn't even get the thing to budge.. I assumed it actually part of the fender. I debated sanding it off.

Now I feel dumb..

When I painted my CF max I got under that with a straight razor blade. It took some time not to gouge but by the time I went over it with 400, filling primer, more 400 and 600 it was completely smooth. Had to spot glaze a couple deep scratches with good success.

I let my '06 black Max suntan for a bit, then simple fingernails it off gently. That and the silly WARNING label on the faux tank. YUCK!

I think it looks OK being the same color, left in-place. It reminds me of the 1970's AMG Mercedes-Benz cars that were all one color, usually white or black. Stealth identification.

ClickHandler.ashx

Latest posts

Back