Drag Race bike project, gen II

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got caught up on all your progress. Could you share your mph at 1/8 and 1/4. It was mentioned it will tell the potential if you can get 60 fts down which is correct. This bike should be at minimum of 1.50s on a bad day and pull upper 1.30s to 140s. I would think you have much better chance WITHOUT yes without the fly by wire which u took off. You should be launching at wide open throttle off the line. It can be done. I do it all the time on nos with progressive controller. You got to have progressive controller to make nos work at strip. Set rear shock stiff as possible strap the front and also lower the front. Your seating position make huge difference, most all max guys use notched seats to saddle them in. I found it hurts launching high horsepower maxes. It puts u about 2 to 4 inches back rearward which will cause u to wheelie more. I run stock seat and made a support which pushes me almost with my nuts practically sitting on edge of fake tank. It keep front down and u can launch the hell out of it. I could go on and on Its scary as hell to do it and the g force is so great u will not even be able to pull your legs up. I had to launch with one foot under shifter because I could not get my leg up to shift, it's insane. Hope this helps

Did Drag Race the weekend

The best w/o NOS 9.504s
The best with NOS 9.463s

The best 60´1.604s
The best final speed 236.78km/h (147,16 mph)

Are you using a progressive controller. I did not see much time difference with the nos. I had that happen when I was only using nos in 2 nd and third. You need to use it off the line I set mine at 42 percent to ramp full in 1 sec. Your bike is a solid high 5 second bike if you could launch it better. Is your bike wheeling off the line any? It should be some around 7 to 8 o clock. If it's not you are not aggressive enough. Strong bike u got there

You need to get that 60' time down before you worry much about bringing on the nitrous sooner. I can get those 60' times with a gen 1 and stock tire so your extra power should be a LOT better.

Sean

I can get those 60' times with a gen 1 and stock tire.
What is Your 60'?

It's a race weekend coming, I try to get 1.5XX. Unfortunately a runway track at this time.

Like You can see from the slips, most of the experied FHRA SGB serie drivers cant get better times with Busas, (turbo)Gixxers or Zetors.

1.66-1.68 typically. Sometimes low 1.70's. The HP you have available should let you pull 1.50's which is going to shave off .30-.50 second off your time.

Sean

Launch @ 2500 to 3000 RPM, Get the clutch out as soon as you can.
I typically get mid 1.50's

Yeah, there still has to be some clutch slipping on your part... I am not dumping the clutch but feathering it....

If your tire came up to high at 4300, you let the clutch out to fast and also round to quick on throttle You need to launch at least at 6500. I pulled 1.37 to 1.40 s coming in out hole at 6500 to 7000 grand with 69" wheelbase

I just got caught up on all your progress. Could you share your mph at 1/8 and 1/4. It was mentioned it will tell the potential if you can get 60 fts down which is correct. This bike should be at minimum of 1.50s on a bad day and pull upper 1.30s to 140s. I would think you have much better chance WITHOUT yes without the fly by wire which u took off. You should be launching at wide open throttle off the line. It can be done. I do it all the time on nos with progressive controller. You got to have progressive controller to make nos work at strip. Set rear shock stiff as possible strap the front and also lower the front. Your seating position make huge difference, most all max guys use notched seats to saddle them in. I found it hurts launching high horsepower maxes. It puts u about 2 to 4 inches back rearward which will cause u to wheelie more. I run stock seat and made a support which pushes me almost with my nuts practically sitting on edge of fake tank. It keep front down and u can launch the hell out of it. I could go on and on Its scary as hell to do it and the g force is so great u will not even be able to pull your legs up. I had to launch with one foot under shifter because I could not get my leg up to shift, it's insane. Hope this helps

Are you doing this with a Gen 2 or a Gen 1

A new fuel tank to reduce fuel needed in tank from 7kg to 2kg.
Did black anodized the rear strut at the same time.

You still running your set up as a dry system???
Any new times to post?
Yes, dry NOS.

The last race was in August, so no new times.
I was 4th in FHRA Super Gas Bike serie 2015. One Yamaha, one Kawa and ten Suzuki in SGB class.

Some more changes is coming before May when the 2016 serie is starting. I try to get the bike run 9.3s w/o NOS.

The fuelling station is ready to install. Should be enough for a stock motor :biglaugh:
All the components are Ethanol (E85) proof.

2lbs bottle in the picture but 2.5lbs bottle fits as well.

A new stupid rule for season 2016, an oil basin ís needed under the motor :bang head:

Metalwork is done, then welding and black anodizing.

Latest posts

Back