Specific differences on TCIs

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wildweasel_pt

Reaction score
Hi all
I was thinking about this the other day and i was wondering if anyone knows the real difference between euro restricted TCIs and normal full power ones. Talking about the later single pickup ones of course. I was trying to attach some pics but the attachment button (even the manage attachments below doesn't work).

Already posted the timing chart on another thread ;)
Maybe on the Ignitech thread...

Basically, less mechanical advance, more vacuum advance.

Can you track The Post you mentioned? So if I understand it it reacts to a earlier vacuum reading? I guess the mechanical advance is on head cams only. Will they interchange with each other? Or the terminal/connectors logic is different? I also assume the vacuum sensor is the same.

You can swap the CDI, but a progammable one is better ;)

PINK is =>89 All curve
BLUE is 90=>US curve
GREEN is 90=> EUR curve

courbe10.jpg

courbe11.jpg

That green line is kind of erratic. I already have a programmable ignition on another bike. Don't need one on this bike. That mechanic advance is what? Talking about cams and valve timings?

Progammable ignition is fine you can have better of both worlds :
-Optimised mechanical curve (copy of New Dyna TCI)
-Mixed vacuum curve ( the EU one is better at mid range).

No difference in valve events between US ones and 90=> ones, same cams....
Only EUR =>89 have shorter duration cams.

Im sorry but i don't understand what you mean. Im still figuring out what you mean with mechanical curve. Im basic man... i just know that for a specific rpm value the TCI has a specific ignition advance which is also affected by the vacuum sensor (our case) or a TPS (other bikes and cars).

Correct.
You began to talk about cam, not me, so we turn in the wrong way :)
Forget cams in the curves above, this is all about ignition.

So if i got it correct this time you call mechanical curve to the one dependant on RPM value only and the vacuum curve the adjustment on the initial "mechanical" curve caused by the vacuum sensor? The two blended in causing the actual advance for any given circumstance?

Latest posts

Back