Halp!! Oil level

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have the cannister elements that the 85-95 engines use. or you can get a conversion to make it the spin on type

:hmmm:Also are you working out of a garage or in front of coed dorm rooms ..

Renting the walk out basement of a house, so the 4'x6' rear patio, of course! Haha

And as it turns out the bike has the twist on conversion kit! Whoop! Can I twist it off with hand strength or do I need the tool? And which filter would be best?

Tomorrow is a big day!

Putting my new rear tire on (shinko 170), oil change w/ filter, shaft oil change, brake lines, then I'm going to pop the carbs off and drop the bowls to clean them out! Whoop!

Which is better between the Rotella 5w40 and 15w40? And other oils that are better at similar or lower price point?

I have close to 50k miles and am going with the Bosch 3323 if that makes any difference

The 5-40 synthetic will clean out sludge better. That's why many people have leaks on engines when they switch to synthetic as it cleans out wax and sludge from the oil seals. And it actually sounds like this engine isn't getting hot enough to burn off crankcase moisture.
I prefer the K&N oil filters on these engines, Hi flow is good for the money.

Fram, Allied Signal seemed to once be a good filter back in the '80s when they were made in the United States. I use the insert style on my '84 XJ750RL. I've saved one Fram from back then to compare to current production runs. Viewing the insert cartridges made over seas nowadays look like crap. Garbage! Loose inconsistent fluting, gobby glue work.IMO

Latest posts

Back