No spark on all cylinders

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikeinga

Reaction score
2003 stock vmax with only 5300 miles ran perfectly two days ago and went to start this morning and nothing. It cranks over and is getting gas but no spark to all cylinders. I went through the troubleshooting and my pickup coil appears to be shot when I connect the ohm meter to it nothing still sits at 1. Anyhow I just wanted to confirm that would cause the issue before I order the parts and does anyone have the part number and know what else I would need besides the pickup coil and alternator cover gasket.

thanks

Here is what mine read:
attachment.php

Attachments

• Picjk-Up-Coil-Connector-Tested-103-Ohms-Cropped-Labeled.jpg
    Picjk-Up-Coil-Connector-Tested-103-Ohms-Cropped-Labeled.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 79
Mine reads infinity so its toast I assume I just hate to spend 320 bucks on the part wish there was a cheaper aftermarket replacement.

Yes, a bad pick up would cause loss of spark.

The mid gear cover needs to come off to get the stator cover off. You will need that gasket. One if the bolts on the mid gear cover has a copper sealing washer. You could probably reuse it without issue but you may want to buy a new one.

Sean may have a used pickup. You might want to email him.

Here is some info on an aftermarket solution
http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=37377

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Thanks mike that's what I was looking for 200 less than the Yamaha version and 12 month warranty.

Latest posts

Back