Well im back again~!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Avius

Reaction score
Ello ello peeps of the forum, seems i stumbled back into owning a Vmax after selling my '05 max 5 years ago!

I joined this forum back in '09 when i bought a bank repo that was just broken in at 2300 miles. Rode her all through college and across the usa a few times visiting family. But alas i choose to sell her to fund a move to CA, She sat at 35k miles by then!

So this is the beast i landed with 21k miles and 1600 bucks price point!

IMG_20170608_193313.jpg

Sweetly i have my old post to go off of for improvements. super excited since this bike has a corbin seat that is SO much more comfy compared to the stock one.

Ok the tear down and poking begins.
IMG_20170611_171217.jpg

First thing damage due to low speed drop.
IMG_20170611_142506.jpg
IMG_20170611_142514.jpg
IMG_20170611_142518.jpg

Minor rash... bent guard tho... might have to change that.

Oh the handlebars were replaced with... ding ding a cut bike handlebar.
IMG_20170611_142413.jpg
The neck bearings feel fine but wow is it loose, will be tightening.

Minishield must have been replaced after downing... not well it seems.
IMG_20170611_142527.jpg

And no airbox (is that bad?) but alot of fuel residue... oh i see why.
IMG_20170611_142423.jpg

Oh and would you lookie here, i wonder how long the v boost has been detached.
IMG_20170611_142445.jpg

Alot of oil drip near kickstand. Will have to ride alittle post (more) cleanup to narrow it down. THOUGH it looks like the gasket1 on the cover is too big... odd so i might replace that as well.
IMG_20170611_142551.jpg

SO far i will be ordering:

v boost controller (just ordered the adjustable one sold/made by someone here.)
Brake pads (EBC HH pads, awesome)
gasket1
handlebars (superbike and the one step up ones... endro ones? i forget name. sean's)
The minishield attaching hardware...things
Frame braces (they were great last time)
Fan switch (welcome to CA sweat)
vboost block hardware since its just hanging.

Things i donno yet:
Rotors might be toast couldnt find my caliper.
Airbox, no idea if its better than the individual filters that are on it.
Engine guards, it worked but is it a one time use or just deal with the bend.
Vboost servo might need replacement... it activates but i donno its super quiet from what i remember.

AND possible toys to addon.

I miss anything i should throw on the now list before i start riding alot again?

There most likely are air correctors in the carbs. They are needed to run filters like you have. Remove if going back to the air box. The v-boost is sometimes disconnected at the round plug to keep it on full time. Yours is not open and looks like it came out of the track. It won't take too much to get road worthy. Plenty of parts around. Welcome back.
Steve

There most likely are air correctors in the carbs. They are needed to run filters like you have. Remove if going back to the air box. The v-boost is sometimes disconnected at the round plug to keep it on full time. Yours is not open and looks like it came out of the track. It won't take too much to get road worthy. Plenty of parts around. Welcome back.
Steve

Oh i see thanks for the info, found a thread on them with pictures so ill check today. Tho they say without them it wont rev at all past idle so it has to have them.

Could this mean more mods i cant see? reading about stage 7 stuff and air correctors seems to be connected as well.

Latest posts

Back