New VMax 1200

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

labargeblake

Reaction score
First off, thanks for the add. I am new to the Vmax but is not my first bike. It is a 1996 1200 with just under 16k and a fresh engine rebuild and super trapp pipes. Other than that, all stock. I am thinking what I want to do in order to first, make it perform better, and second, look better. Even though its already nice as it sit, I wanna give it my own taste. Just looking for ideas and suggestions from you guys and also maybe some pictures of your bikes to give ideas. Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you all

First off, thanks for the add. I am new to the Vmax but is not my first bike. It is a 1996 1200 with just under 16k and a fresh engine rebuild and super trapp pipes. Other than that, all stock. I am thinking what I want to do in order to first, make it perform better, and second, look better. Even though its already nice as it sit, I wanna give it my own taste. Just looking for ideas and suggestions from you guys and also maybe some pictures of your bikes to give ideas. Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you all

Welcome to the forum! :cheers: To see what members have done to their bikes, you can start at the Garage tab link. To see mods and other items members have fabricated for their VMax, check out this sub forum.

Welcome to the Forum :punk: If you want to see first hand what people have done to their bikes come to Thundar in the valley where you can talk about and seeabout and hear all that different mods in one place June 22nd thrue 25th in Somerset Pa ALL are welcome bring a friend and make some new ones too !

Welcome!

There is lots of range in how much custom work gets done. I like the vintage bits, wanted to keep it stock-ish looking and didn't want to spend a ton of money. I did give it a unique color and tuned it to run as well as I could with some parts from Sean. I put a decent seat on it, a luggage rack and progressive fork springs. If your not feeling like the performance is there you might make sure your Vboost is functioning, do you hear the servo cycle when you turn the key on? For mine the lack of performance was mostly carb jetting issues. Have a look through the carb/tuning section, tons of good reading there on performance.

Attachments

• DSCN2587.jpg
    DSCN2587.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 44
That's the great thing about the MAX. Lots of option to make it truely yours. I myself like shiny things :punk:

Attachments

• IMG_20170506_141552605_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20170506_141552605_HDR.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 35
I would suggest riding and reading a lot before deciding what to modify , as the stock bike has a lot of shortcomings . You do not get your investment money back when selling , so make sure this is the bike you want to keep , and the money you spend to mod it , is disposable income. Some of us have addictive personalities , and this one can break you financially or kill you like alcohol , drugs , women , etc. It is also one of the most unique stock bikes out there and raises a lot of experienced rider's eyebrows when you show up on it at bike gatherings , shows , restaurants , bars , etc. When you mod it , you truly have a more unique bike to be proud of. This is a very well informed group of people and are willing to share knowledge and point you in most any direction you choose.

1990 Blue & Chrome - 1998 Metallic Black & Carbon Fiber

Attachments

• Rollie's '90 VMax On The Square In Monticello   19.jpg
    Rollie's '90 VMax On The Square In Monticello 19.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 31
  • Rollie's '98 In Monticello   9.jpg
    Rollie's '98 In Monticello 9.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 34
There are so many Vmax's here, so it just depends on what you want to do to yours. Dont worry, the mod monkey on here will be MORE than happy to help you spend your money.

Attachments

• user8061_pic10608_1486876774.jpg
    user8061_pic10608_1486876774.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 34
  • 16711662_10212572185518847_5755055101147378786_n.jpg
    16711662_10212572185518847_5755055101147378786_n.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 36
Congrats on the new bike! This forum is chock full of info. I am a new Max owner as well and these guys have been nothing short of awesome! Very helpful.

As a side note, Rollie, you're in my neck of the woods! Good to know that there's another max owner in Conyers!

Here is the inspiration for my buying a Vmax.
The bike was built by Bare Bones:

2zit3y0.jpg

and an older shot of mine:

1z1d6oi.jpg

Latest posts

Back