New max owner

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They love to chew through tires! An expected expense considering the horsepower! Awesome bike. Enjoy it!

nice looking bike!!! i just bought mine last year. a 97 had 11,000 miles on it. it sat for 2 years prior to me buying it due to a stuck float, and the owner just didn't have time to get around to fixing it. i got all the history on it. it was bought local, and from what the po said some 60 year old guy bought it new in 97, and just rode it around, kept it stock. then the po i bought it from bought it, and did super trapp slip ons, a stage 1, k&n air filter, a slightly taller windsheild, and had the seat shaved. made his own bar end weights at the machine shop he worked at, and just really took care of the bike. sold it to me for $2,500 with all the oem parts he took off. plus a carb synchronizing tool he paid $200 for.

Attachments

• max.jpg
    max.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 19
  • max1.jpg
    max1.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 19
  • maxharrishill.jpg
    maxharrishill.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 19
For those jealous. Here's a 85 near me. Don't know if I'm happy or sad I drove 300 miles to get my 98 over an 85 10 miles from me (prob the wiring in pic 4 that scared me away)

http://stlouis.en.craigslist.org/mcy/4576584350.html

looks like he wired in different horns. hard to tell but shows the same in pic. 3 if you look at the right hand side of it. seems like he or somebody else could have put some loom around the exposed wires to make it not such an eye sore, and look so obvious. if that were me i would have put the relay under the left scoop, and ran the wires down wrapped in some loom to look like it belongs there, but thats just me:confused2:

Back