What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks Great !!!!

Thanks Dman, as you no man it takes time getting all the bugs out.

My electrical problem man I had it for about a year off and on. I pull the stator cover off and check it few months ago volts and everything check out ok with it. So I started going through wire and check r/r's batteries I have 5 good r/r's and 3 batteries man. I went out riding again few days ago when I would get about 20 miles motor would try to cu off. So man here we go again. This time pull the stator cover again and check wiring real good when I pull back the black cover over the wires I found right at the rubber boot bushing wiring expos. I think when. I was bleeding the clutch dot 3/4 leaking down on both stator and pick up assy. So I replace both with new. I change over to dot 5 everything.

Here's pic of the stator. I also change the rear gearing to my venture rear today. I took the bike out for a ride everything works ok man me happy.

Attachments

• P1050092.jpg
    P1050092.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 42
  • P1050615.jpg
    P1050615.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 48
  • P1050639.jpg
    P1050639.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 50
  • P1050626.jpg
    P1050626.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 46
attachment.php

I strenuously-object to your carb cover's proclamation of the "dull nature" of a VMax! I find mine to be "quite-entertaining," perhaps even-"thrilling," when it's running, that-is.

You owe all of us an apology for categorizing our favorite two-wheel ride as a "snooze!"

We're waiting...:rofl_200:

Funny me so so sorry, :clapping:

I made my first ride with newly powder coated wheels, tires, bearings. Also replaced clutch, and brake fluids. It was about 150 miles. I knew I needed fuel before leaving but was sure a gas station would be on the route.(I don't go through here much). I (we, wife and I) went close to a town and I figured the convenient stores would be all around. There weren't any, I have been 20 miles with a low fuel light on but that is all. Long story short we got into a long stretch of wilderness and my trip meter had 38 miles on reserve! The smart phone could not pin point our location good but did get us to the fuel station, just farther than I thought. I was playing it off like no big deal but I tell ya I was flipping out inside, talk about steady throttle control! Rest of the ride went well, my newly painted wheels look great too.

Thanks Dman, as you no man it takes time getting all the bugs out.

My electrical problem man I had it for about a year off and on. I pull the stator cover off and check it few months ago volts and everything check out ok with it. So I started going through wire and check r/r's batteries I have 5 good r/r's and 3 batteries man. I went out riding again few days ago when I would get about 20 miles motor would try to cu off. So man here we go again. This time pull the stator cover again and check wiring real good when I pull back the black cover over the wires I found right at the rubber boot bushing wiring expos. I think when. I was bleeding the clutch dot 3/4 leaking down on both stator and pick up assy. So I replace both with new. I change over to dot 5 everything.

Here's pic of the stator. I also change the rear gearing to my venture rear today. I took the bike out for a ride everything works ok man me happy.

Now if only a certain guy could finish up the covers he owes you!

Jagco, what jack is that?

I have 2, I pick them off of amazon.con Had them for just about 3 years now.

When I bought it $68.00 it's $37.00 now. Every few months I used cycle chain lube on the moving parts. I made this ratchet tool long handle out copper pipe will not rust. To make it easy to hold the bike and lower it. I have motorcycle lift jack I stop using. The jack drop the bike air seal leak. Just glad I was there when it happen.

Attachments

• P1050653.jpg
    P1050653.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 39
  • P1050651.jpg
    P1050651.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 43
Now if only a certain guy could finish up the covers he owes you!

It's all good Sean your cool with me. I thank you and to all the guys and this forum for helping me over the few years I had the bike, I repainted a few motor covers for now. Man I went through just about everything on the bike I think.

Next on the list.

Things I like to have.
Gas gauge fuel meter
Oil pressure gauge
Seat re-dun
New rear shocks
A nice looking frame brace that don't look real big with some style to it.

Not sure about yet.
front forks change I have pro springs and GSXR front brakes now
Rear swing arm and brace maybe a 1" to 2" longer like for it to
still look like the vmax look but fit under the finder but not to close to the tag.

I wish there was a bike local setup with 17 to 18" wheels and with the front forks install. So I can test ride it.

gave up on the Front Brake master cylinder kit. It has way too many parts and decided to just buy new clutch and brake handlebar masters.

Since summer new tires done myself new speed adjust crown nut rebuild carbs new rear rotor and pads oil change and took off center stand to weld frame
Rode it to work all.week

Nothing to do with my Vmax but woke up and hour ago to my wife telling me her water broke. At the hospital now < 24 hours from becoming a Dad!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Nothing to do with my Vmax but woke up and hour ago to my wife telling me her water broke. At the hospital now < 24 hours from becoming a Dad!

Congrats.....is this your first?

Congrats and hope all goes well. Sleep when you can you'll need it later!

Delivered at 0202, happy healthy baby girl. 6lbs 10 ounces, 19.042 inches. Went crazy fast, can't believe I'm now a Dad.

Tex my kids are 32 25 23 and I still can't believe I did it .. :punk:

Wow 32 25 23, pops

Man baby girl age 25 told me she going to sale her bike.
All that time and money went in to it. She looking at HD bike man.

Just installed my new stainless exhaust system, love it so far. I'm going for a ride now to see how it performs.

Just installed my new stainless exhaust system, love it so far. I'm going for a ride now to see how it performs.

A fitting signature line to this post from one of our 'north of the border' members:
"Roarrr your ride!"
:rofl_200:

Latest posts

Back