Need advice tail section...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that is my tail. bought it 250 from ebay without rear lights. i am using piagio typhoon rear lef light and it looks pretty well

Attachments

• 20131023_143547.jpg
    20131023_143547.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 61
  • 20131023_143904.jpg
    20131023_143904.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 46
Sean, I`ll see what the mini-mudguard does for me first
But now we`re at it, the front-end upgrade Firemedic proposes, would it be prohibitively expensive? Or do you recommend USD mod in stead? Apart from aesthetics, what would you say is best handling-wise?
David

USD does give a benefit but not as much as you'd think compared to just setting up the front end with good springs and fluid (and the radials).

I still have the early front end on my 85 and could install about anything I wanted but haven't.

This one might be a bit expensive in the long run but I think it's one of the sexiest Rear Ends I've seen. ;) :punk:

Attachments

• Hot_Blonde_On_Bike-Cropped.jpg
    Hot_Blonde_On_Bike-Cropped.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 33
When I wanted to have a new tailt I look a long time, for me the best for a sportier look was this one from taylor made wheel, I got two of those, willing to sell one.

Hi bud sent you a PM, did you get it? I got no reply still.

you have the rad covers upside down bud.

Well, I got home this weekend and mounted them "correctly," but honestly I like it even less...get in the way of the scoops...
not so nice 1.jpg

not so nice 2.jpg
So took `m off again, also took of front radiator cover to check, but the grille seems to do a good job, very little damage or debris clogging the heat exchanger fins...

grid.jpg

readiator.jpg

And finally decided to bend the side covers and make them "fold around"

folded 1.jpg
folded 2.jpg

So, thanks to your remark I`m now 100% OK with the looks :eusa_dance:

When I wanted to have a new tailt I look a long time, for me the best for a sportier look was this one from taylor made wheel, I got two of those, willing to sell one.

I've the same tail unit, and loved it from the moment I first saw it

IMAG0026.jpg

%2525255BUNSET%2525255D.jpg

Just closed Exactrep site, purchased a short mud guard with integrated lights and license plate holder ; not too expensive, worth to try; you`re probably right I might see things differently with that ugly taillight gone :eusa_dance:
http://www.exactrep.com/acatalog/--...lights.---Exactrep-1994-4a.html#SID=15#SID=15

Some mean looking tail sections there for future reference maybe :biglaugh:

Sooooooooooo....This is the result:
IMAG0576.jpg
And yes, shortening the tail and removing the "brick" taillight does seem to make me see things in a different light; ideal compromise between "more modern" and "keep the typical vmax look"
Will probably leave it like this
Still needs paint of course, but will ride it now first :)
Some more pics in Album "reborn phase 7"

Well, I got home this weekend and mounted them "correctly," but honestly I like it even less...get in the way of the scoops...

So took `m off again, also took of front radiator cover to check, but the grille seems to do a good job, very little damage or debris clogging the heat exchanger fins...

No worries bud. Sent you a PM.

Sooooooooooo....This is the result:
View attachment 44771
And yes, shortening the tail and removing the "brick" taillight does seem to make me see things in a different light; ideal compromise between "more modern" and "keep the typical vmax look"
Will probably leave it like this
Still needs paint of course, but will ride it now first :)
Some more pics in Album "reborn phase 7"

Nice, I really lijke the color scheme.
When I was shortening my tail I went a bit further (probably too far) then one day when I had a passenger on the back the tyre made contact and sucked everything up underneath

attachment.php

After that I moved the taillight up out of the way
Dscn0902.jpg

View attachment 44754

View attachment 44755

View attachment 44756

View attachment 44757

View attachment 44758
View attachment 44759

wow there's a lot of cool looking bikes in this threat.

Back