VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you have that much crud in your carbs, I would suggest ordering a new OEM fuel filter while waiting on Kyles return.If he has to tear them apart he's going to insist that you replace the old filter with a new one, I know I would if I were doing the work.

WHeres the best place to pick up a filter Kyle?

And yes everyone...if I hadn't found Kyle shortly after buying this bike, I probably wouldn't still have it today.

I will probably keep tinkering til he returns...but won't do any major diving into carbs or electronics right now. I have a business to run, and I don't want to cause any MORE problems that Kyle might have to fix:). But...in a way it is good this has happened to get my lazy a-- closer to the bike and understand the mechanics better. Will keep ya all posted and thanks again for all the positive vibes and suggestions. Hope to meet some of you on the road one day...Vmax to Vmax.

If you had no problem only until you put new gas in, I would drain the gas out of the tank from the bottom. And install gas from a station that has a lot cars buying gas. I got bad gas before it was a pain to deal with.

I had few pictures of the bad gas but not sure what I name the file.

But found the picture of the filter.

Attachments

• P1020473.jpg
    P1020473.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 22
WHeres the best place to pick up a filter Kyle?

And yes everyone...if I hadn't found Kyle shortly after buying this bike, I probably wouldn't still have it today.

I will probably keep tinkering til he returns...but won't do any major diving into carbs or electronics right now. I have a business to run, and I don't want to cause any MORE problems that Kyle might have to fix:). But...in a way it is good this has happened to get my lazy a-- closer to the bike and understand the mechanics better. Will keep ya all posted and thanks again for all the positive vibes and suggestions. Hope to meet some of you on the road one day...Vmax to Vmax.

Go to cahills off of armenia use my discount code 34677 and it will help you q little

It is almost with tears in my eyes I let you know that I have decided to sell this bike. See http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?p=376934#post376934 post for the details. Again, I appreciate all the great advice and comaraderie through this last ordeal. Turned out that the fuel pump took a dump. It is now up and running like new. Hope to give it a good home to an appreciative owner. I will still stay in touch with this forum going forward and hope someday to ride with some of you. I am available to help any biker brother who needs a hand or advice on anything in the Florida area. I will give this forum 2 days look at this sale before I try ebay and other options for selling.

Tman

Back