How hot does the engine oil in vmax run?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ptnov

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm wondering how hot the engine oil in vmax runs because i recently stripped a thread for a screw that is holding the oil pump while doing the HD oiler kit. The thread was only half stripped so i applied loctite to it. On loctite's webpage it states that a 5Nm torque gives about 24Nm fastening, but only for up to 150 degrees celsius. Anyone know?

Well thats 302 Fahrenheit...which is pretty DAMN hot. I dont think the oil would get that hot, when I believe the fan (at almost redline) kicks on at 220-228.

Hi,

I'm wondering how hot the engine oil in vmax runs because i recently stripped a thread for a screw that is holding the oil pump while doing the HD oiler kit. The thread was only half stripped so i applied loctite to it. On loctite's webpage it states that a 5Nm torque gives about 24Nm fastening, but only for up to 150 degrees celsius. Anyone know?

Thats not a good solution. You don't know how will the oil react with the loctite chemically. You should have cleaned the thread with a tap or helicoil it if unable to clean.

Don't know on the Vmax but on most cars I've run an oil temp gauge on it was from 10-20 degrees F lower than engine coolant temp up to engine coolant temp.

According to the cars I've owned with oil temp gauges, the oil runs very close to coolant temp when driving casually--around 200F. But get on it hard, and in a short time, I've seen 250-260. From what I've read, most cars will trigger an idiot light when the oil gets around 300F--at that temp, it is so thin, it doesn't protect nearly as well.

'99 VFR800, '08 1125R, '06 1050, '03 Vmax, '03 DRZ400

Back