This is the VMAX I pick up Friday.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually looked at this bike to buy last week and was very disappointed in what I saw. The pictures look better than the bike in person. The frame looked to be Powdercoated white and was chipped in a few spots, the chrome is pitted and needs attention all over. The motor was built to run on race gas "100 octane or higher" from what the owner told me. The front left rotor was covered in oil from what appeared to be a fork seal leaking. The bike did start right up and seemed to run good for the minute he had it running. I passed on buying it as the bike seemed to be a mid/early 90's race build that needs some updating. I was looking for more a daily usable type of bike and felt this bike was more a weekend toy. That's just my thoughts. I wouldn't ride the bike with the front brakes the way they are so I hope your bringing a trailer.

Thank you for the info it's always nice to have someone who's seen it first hand.

You like two women:

• one has plenty of visible tattoos, piercings enough to make a TSA airport screener sweat, and doesn't own a skirt which comes within six inches of her knees. She smokes 'vapes,' her hair color is something that never occurs naturally, and she wears 4" heels whenever she can. She's a bartender or a barista and her education stopped w/high school.
Hey FM -

You got this girl's number? Care to share it?

Ah, I figured someone would take issue w/this characterization, but I have been inundated w/PM's for her contact info, but you, Mr. Miles Long, are the first to boldly-ask for it in the open forum!

No, you cannot have Mom's cellphone number!:rofl_200:

You like two women:

• one has plenty of visible tattoos, piercings enough to make a TSA airport screener sweat, and doesn't own a skirt which comes within six inches of her knees. She smokes 'vapes,' her hair color is something that never occurs naturally, and she wears 4" heels whenever she can. She's a bartender or a barista and her education stopped w/high school.
Hey FM -

You got this girl's number? Care to share it?

Running a small amount of regular gas and seeing if it 'pings' will give you that answer. If it does, then try premium. If that does, unless you're looking for a 1/4 miler, I would pass, too-expensive to run as a daily ride. Maybe start-out w/the premium pump gas, skip the regular, & hope it doesn't 'ping.'

Years-ago, my friend had a Ninja 1000, an '86 (this was in '87) w a Superbike Mike head, D&D exhaust, and other work, I forget all-what. He had to run VP gas in it, but if we were out and he had to refuel, he would run Amoco premium, and that would allow him to get home. Riding behind him was an eye-watering experience. For that reason, I tried to stay in-front of him as-much as possible on my year-old FZR1000.:biglaugh:

Having a stock bike to start is going to save you some grief, my belief. Otherwise, you don't know what you are getting, if it has been 'built.' Plus, a 1/4-mile claim of "under 10 seconds" means that it has been thrashed hard, and often, regardless of the veracity of that claim. Does it come w/wheelie bars? :biglaugh:

I'm just repeating what the seller of the bike told me. The bike was built by a friend of his years ago and he bought it from that person.

Well you guys scared me from buying this bike but now I'm looking to buy Doug's bike in Charleston. Seems like a nice bike with a lot of aftermarket parts.

Good choice!
I saw the details about this bike in his for sale thread. Appears to be well cared for, thousands of $$ in aftermarkets, and such low mileage!
You owe a big thank you to those that talked you out of buying the "modified" bike. No doubt you would have had many issues with it.
And good call on your part - checking with this forum before purchasing.
Congratulations!:eusa_dance:

Good choice!
I saw the details about this bike in his for sale thread. Appears to be well cared for, thousands of $$ in aftermarkets, and such low mileage!
You owe a big thank you to those that talked you out of buying the "modified" bike. No doubt you would have had many issues with it.
And good call on your part - checking with this forum before purchasing.
Congratulations!:eusa_dance:

Yes sir that was a big plus for me. Usually I do just the opposite and buy shit then ask questions.

My intention wasn't to dissuade you. I just didn't want to see you waste your time coming here to see everything I mentioned as I was greatly disappointed when I saw the bike in person and I only live 10 minutes from the sellers house. I ended up buying a much nicer 1992 model for less in much nicer condition. Good luck with your search!

My intention wasn't to dissuade you. I just didn't want to see you waste your time coming here to see everything I mentioned as I was greatly disappointed when I saw the bike in person and I only live 10 minutes from the sellers house. I ended up buying a much nicer 1992 model for less in much nicer condition. Good luck with your search!

Good looking bike. I have already found the one I'm buying in WV.

Yes sir that was a big plus for me. Usually I do just the opposite and buy shit then ask questions.

+4
you and me both. :/

Anyway, looks like you'll be set with your final decision. congrats.:clapping:

T$

Well you guys scared me from buying this bike but now I'm looking to buy Doug's bike in Charleston. Seems like a nice bike with a lot of aftermarket parts.

Heading out here in about an hour to fly to Charleston and ride it home 3 hours away. It should be a great day for riding.

Latest posts

Back