Coolant leak, help

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pacifier

Reaction score
I noticed a small coolant leak on the right side of the engine above the foot brake. It looks like a small round hole on the casing. Hole is about a 1/8 or less. It looks like it is supposed to be there, but I noticed a little coolant spray on the exhaust.
Anyone have similar issue or can help describe this issue?

That hole is there to allow coolant to drain when the seal is leaking, #8 in the diagram below.

picture.php

You will need part numbers:
11H-12438-00-00 SEAL, MECHANICAL
3JP-12449-02-00 GASKET, WATER PUMP, #18

IN addition the crush washer for the drain plug, #13 but no need to get the Yameringha one.

You may also want to consider replacing the oil seal whist you have it apart, 93101-10090-00 OIL SEAL, #7 and also getting the elbow O rings 93210-27194-00 O-RING, #23 - 2 off as these need to be disturbed when removing the pump and may lead after re-assembly.
If not done recently a change of anti-freeze would be prudent.

I also suggest to replace the bearing, orings on the waterpump inlet elbow, outer main cover, and outlet exchange tubing.

thanks Sean, do you have these parts I need, and if so I would like them.
Will I need to press out any of the bearings?
the brake pads I got from you a few weeks ago are doing the job, thanks again
Steve

The bearings don't need to be pressed out, they are held together in there with the spring and clips. Make sure when you put it back together both of the clips make it back on the shaft

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you take a really good look at the diagram mm uploaded you can see how it goes together. If you don't have a book, I could email you a book pdf format. Not as fun as a paperback but will help get it done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great. Now after buying a new battery because my old one died for no reason, I am getting the leaking out of this hole. So to sum up, I need parts
6(bearing),
7(oil seal),
8(mechanical seal),
9(o-ring)
13(drain plug washer),
18(water pump gasket), and
23(o-rings)

I'm also getting a 22 Joint because mine is ugly.

Also confused by the diagram where part 14-17 go. It looks like they are outside the main cover but obviously not..

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back