Broken stud

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sean, you're correct, very important milestones in engineering!

I think the creation of "woman" from a man's rib was the first engineering marvel of which I am aware, and we have been getting "ribbed" ever-since. I would like mine back.

I did like the "2001-A Space Odyssey" opening drama where tool use was immediately developed into a weapon, and the "Quest for Fire" premise made for an entertaining show. Just be careful when you go down to the edge of the water, ladies! Your postural positioning serves as a elemental reminder to we males as to one of our primary purposes.

I did use the internet to check: Sir Harry Ricardo was British.

SO I posted this thread like 10 months ago or so, I did manage to get the bolt/easy out removed (aka I put it on a bridgeport and drilled it out) which required the removal of the engine and you know, everything else. Well as I was putting the damn thing back together I broke a few more bolts and pretty much gave up on it last fall. But today I am expecting a new to me (used) engine from captainkyle that I will install in the next week, since it is Easter week, and hopefully have some better luck this riding season. Wish me luck! Hope to see you on the road.

Save that drilling tool you had made. Make it available to the VMF members that get in a similar pinch.

Unfortunately I didn't make anything to get it out easy, I just had to use patience and I believe we used a mill bit on a bridgeport machine. Just took our time and went down a little at a time, a little at a time. I HOPE other members who might break something will stop and read a little. If I had only taken the time to read a little, I would have been on the road for a year and maybe hanging out with the Mod monkey a little. But he doesn't like to hang around when our bikes just sit in the shed.

Back