Polishing vs chroming

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aint nothing wrong with a blacked out bike , they make 10 more hp. :biglaugh:

Attachments

• P1030128.jpg
    P1030128.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 27
haha KJ :)

I noticed you changed the tail section ?

yeah, I called up Boxenstopp and got thier fighter tail and the fighter scoops to go along with the dual headlights. Then I cleaned up the top by removing the 5" tach and replacing it with a shift light. Then I moved the digital speedo from the handlebars to the handlebar clamp. This weekend I'm going to fab up a seat for the tail, then go for a ride. Saturday my insurance gets activated.

The fighter scoops are a little wider, but I like the look. The monkey then told me I had to have a new key.

Attachments

• P1030118.jpg
    P1030118.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 28
  • P1030119.JPG
    P1030119.JPG
    72.5 KB · Views: 32
  • P1030112.JPG
    P1030112.JPG
    106.5 KB · Views: 29
Black on black but just enough silver to keep the essence of the bike intact.

:eusa_dance:

KJ, bike looks great! Snow looks bad! :biglaugh:

Attachments

• 100_2394.jpg
    100_2394.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 25
Yep I agree
I will keep the valve covers and the carb stax which are already chromed.
For the scoops, I will see if I keep them chromed ...
Everything else will become black, just thinking about the header pipe, but it's turning gold anyway.

KJ, bike looks great! Snow looks bad! :biglaugh:

I'll be riding saturday when my insurance kicks in, if I don't activate it sooner.

Snow is basically all gone, just waiting on the city's sweeper trucks to do thier thing as you can see from the picture, So far they're getting it done.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 19
For all those that polish and then watch your work oxidize, I "feel your pain".
I haven't tried this product yet, but eventually will. Reportedly not a clearcoat, but a chemical process instead, that lasts 2-3 years. Check out their website. Zoopseal
cheers, Miles

Michael, i wrapped my pipes with black wrap and love the look. im doing the same to my bike "blacking it out" except for the scoop,diaphram/carb covers, three lines on the head.

if my ceramic fails again this yr i might wrap my headers.

heat wrap kit for pipe ? I heard bad thing about it, saying it was increasing risk of rust ...
Beside after a little while they look nasty.

But not sure we're talking about the same thing ?
That one here ?

For all those that polish and then watch your work oxidize, I "feel your pain".
I haven't tried this product yet, but eventually will. Reportedly not a clearcoat, but a chemical process instead, that lasts 2-3 years. Check out their website. Zoopseal
cheers, Miles

Interesting product, I will look for reviews ;)

btw supposing I go for PC.
Beside the fenders, faux tank cover and radiator which should get a wet painting, everything else should get a PC ? what do you think ?

rusting? yea probably, i didnt think of that before i did it. i guess if you painted them with something first? mine were already blued and i dont plan on going back to unwraped. where did you get the radiator side covers?

rusting? yea probably, i didnt think of that before i did it. i guess if you painted them with something first? mine were already blued and i dont plan on going back to unwraped. where did you get the radiator side covers?

me ? Ebay : full radiator wrap in stainless steal.
Super strong compared to the stock one.

Latest posts

Back