"Opening up" supertrapp open end caps"

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wheelie250

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have supertrapp slip ons with open end caps and no discs on my max. Supertrapp states that open end caps are the same as runnin 10-12 discs and closed end caps. I assume its only 10-12 and not more because it steps down from a 2in core to a 1.5in end cap. Would it be the same effect as putting more discs by opening up the end cap to 2in or above? Has anyone done this? Just think it would look better with a bigger hole, and I wouldnt mind if it was a little louder.

Yes, the larger the opening the greater the flow. Each disc creates a larger effective opening.

I'm running open end caps on my supertrapps. It's loud for sure, but honestly, the sound is pushed away from the rider. It's much louder for people behind me.

I don't know the difference myself, I put the open caps on the moment I installed the trapps.

Hey guys, I have supertrapp slip ons with open end caps and no discs on my max. Supertrapp states that open end caps are the same as runnin 10-12 discs and closed end caps. I assume its only 10-12 and not more because it steps down from a 2in core to a 1.5in end cap. Would it be the same effect as putting more discs by opening up the end cap to 2in or above? Has anyone done this? Just think it would look better with a bigger hole, and I wouldnt mind if it was a little louder.

I ran my super traps with no disk and NO end caps for a couple weeks. It was loud. It sounded good. It was quieter than some of the local Harley's running straight drag pipes.

I bit the bullet and went ahead and opened them up last night. I screwed them to a square hardwood piece of 4x4 and took them to a the belt sander. Opened them up to 2" They look great. I'll post a pic this evening.

Back