Quieting down a Kerker 4-1

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FordCrusherGT

Reaction score
The 2000 VMax I just bought comes with a Kerker 4-1 baffled exhaust on it. The baffles are in it, and while there are certainly louder pipes out there, this one is louder than I would like it to be. I love the way the exhaust sounds, don't get me wrong, and I couldn't ask for more in that regard, but I would like to just quiet it down a bit. I'm told that this is a baffled exhaust and as such baffles could be added. Does anyone have knowledge as to whether or not this would be true and where I would get more baffles?

Thanks!

What size baffle is in it now? If it is the 21/2 one it is the biggest and loudest baffle. There are 2 smaller sizes, 21/4 and 13/4 or something like that.

You can do a few different things but like buster said. We need to know what you currently have. The standard baffle that is included when a Kerker is purchased is a 1.5" baffle. Many swap it out to a larger size which deepens the tone and allows for more flow and thus more power at the expense of increased sound.

I have seen a few take the packing out of even the smaller baffle which takes away the ability for it to quiten the exhaust sound too. If you do already have the small baffle you could simply check this by removing the insert and checking to see the condition of the packing.

You can even get a different muffler for the header which will change the noise level too. We have a couple of Kerker Carbon Fiber mufflers which work quite well though they are not cheap.

The other stock baffles that can fit into your current muffler are 2" and 2.5" in size.

Later,
Sean Morley

Re: For Sale Two Brothers C series Slip-ons

Kerker is a loud exhaust period.. im looking to trade a pair of Two Brothers slip-ons. nice Rumble to them but looking for full exhaust.. trade or $350.00 Cash so i can apply it to my new exhaust purchase

Back