Misguided protest

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the new policy stated by one coach , " If you sit during the National Anthem , you'll sit during the game. "

I'm not a ball fan and never heard of this guy before the story broke so I have no bias or opinion of this guy, other than he's in dire need of a haircut.

He's within his rights to do this. I do also believe that his grievances are quite real. In an interview with him I never heard him complain about oppression but rather acknowledges his own good fortune. After hearing his rationale I'm not so offended by his protest but on a gut level I dont care for any protest involving our flag. To bad he couldn't find another way but it sounds like he understood the risks of his actions and is ready to take the consequences, and I'm sure there will be some. Maybe by this time next year he'll be selling geriatric products on network TV. As for division, yup. Between Dirty cops and Black Lives Matter we have all the division we can use for a long time yet.

+1, Casey. On all points.
However, people also have the right to be offended by his protest.

My Dad was a veteran of WW2, captured by the Germans at Anzio. He spent almost 2 years in a POW camp, and got to see first hand what the Nazis truly were. Hitler came to power and supressed all right to protest against the monstrosity of a government he headed. Look where it got Germany.

I remember the hippies (of which I was one) demonstrating against the war in Vietnam. I figured it would infuriate him, but quite the opposite. He disagreed with the protests (and the long hair), but said the right to protest was won by the sacrifice of the guys who bled and died defending this country.

However, I completely understand people being pissed off. I don't like it either, but he has the right to do it.

He's protesting a song that means MORE and has a message that represents the history of a country that became something never before seen in the history of mankind . So , it's the principle this song stands for . By showing no respect for the song , he shows no respect for the hand that feeds him...so , as they say...eat shit and die motherfucker !:damn angry:

He's protesting a song that means MORE and has a message that represents the history of a country that became something never before seen in the history of mankind . So , it's the principle this song stands for . By showing no respect for the song , he shows no respect for the hand that feeds him...so , as they say...eat shit and die motherfucker !:damn angry:

Have you ever heard the entire song? It glorifies slavery of Black folks. There are two more stanzas that are never sung.

Have you ever heard the entire song? It glorifies slavery of Black folks. There are two more stanzas that are never sung.

Don't believe everything you read on FB. The BLM movement absolutely wants this falsehood spread far and wide. Furthermore, within the context of the verse, the song doesn't make sense if "hireling and slave" is understood to mean black slaves fighting for America.

http://www.american-historama.org/1801-1828-evolution/star-spangled-banner-lyrics.htm

In case Dave is too lazy, or for others who haven't bothered, here is the meaning of the verse in question.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-09-28 at 8.32.01 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-09-28 at 8.32.01 AM.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 22

Latest posts

Back