Faux tank moulding clips

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When you look at this schematic, which part number is for the little clips that hold the rubber moulding on?

http://www.bikebandit.com/houseofmo...-vmax-vmx12a-1990-side-cover/o/m8008sch118285

I think it is this:
43:
MOLE 1

10296-001 Enter 0-99 $0.85
Does that seem right to you guys?

Not trying to be a smart ass or anything and I am sure some here will take it as a smart ass answer here goes my view on it.......

There are 3 items in the area
# 42 Mold 20.61
#43 Mole .85
#45 Seal 5.37

Ok here is where my common sense kicked in
Hmm mold to me is a seal so hmm that cant be it
43 is a mole WTF is a mole I dont know
45 Seal Ahh must be the rubber

Ok now lets see a small clip does it cost 20 bucks or 5 bucks or the WTF part .85 Hmm I am betting on number 43 also

Okay, I'll buy some moles tomorrow and see when they get here.

Why couldn't Yamaha just call them retainer clips? :bang head:

Those are the clips. I have purchased them before.

The cover mole and seal has the actualy black grommet that wraps around the lid and then there are 2 rubber "seals" that are double back glued into the ends of the lid and hold the grommet on at the ends. Then there are a number of clips that press over the remaining edges to hold it in place.

Sean

The cover mole and seal has the actualy black grommet that wraps around the lid and then there are 2 rubber "seals" that are double back glued into the ends of the lid and hold the grommet on at the ends. Then there are a number of clips that press over the remaining edges to hold it in place.

Sean

The "moles" arrived and are indeed the clips. Also received the 2 glued rubber bits.

Back