PCW in Schenectady, NY

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It doesnt look much different,hope it runs better with out that junk EFI system off it, wont know untill the sun comes out on I can take a ride.I think they may have overlooked a leak on the clutch cover, no "big reveal" planned for BR11

I bought there flatsides back in the early nineties and have been very happy with the performance and support. Just run filters on them if you ride on the street.

Had a warm spell in late march...temps in the 70's for a week. Biker explosion. Figured I'd get an inspection done, the couple local places said they were booked solid for the week.

Took a cruise out to PCW, walked in the shop, done on the spot. He recognized my bike and asked how the handling was after they put the lowering blocks and head bearings in it last summer.

In the local area the shop is still a bit of a secret, you can mention PCW to loads of bikers around here and they have no idea what you're talking about. All the harley kids go to JJ Cycle in watervilet, home of the $15 fram oil filter. Seriously was there once and they had a line of bikes (all HDs) out front that were there to get an oil change that day, which went for a cool $50. This was really shocking at first, figured most bikers were mechanically handy enough to do an oil change, but considering HD is the official bike of RUBs, not necessarily. Same people that get $200 oil changes in their $60k BMW and think the price is reasonable because they got a free bottle of water and a cookie in the waiting room.

..PCW!!

They did the boring/honing work for my 86 vmax, hd clutch spring and I recently just installed the 39mm FCR flatside setup from PCW racing.. SO sweet..

This is a fresh rebuild - never been fired up..Once I got the carbs on and fuel to them - the bike fired right up!.. I only had to adjust the idle knob!

I haven't realy beat on it yet but it's awesome!.. John is awesome there!

Fresh build - so the noisy carbs had me worried a little untill I watched other youtube videos.:punk:

Attachments

• 86_2.jpg
    86_2.jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 27

Latest posts

Back