Easiest way to put it on the center stand

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Easiest way to put it on the centrestand

What threw me is you said ...

"I basically straddled the bike with my left foot on the ground and the right on the center stand and thrusted forward and rocked it back"

You must be seriously gifted if you can put your feet on opposite sides of the MAX while straddling it. I can do it with a woman... But NOT a VMax. :biglaugh:

That's pretty much it. I never really thought much about it. Hell I might as well make a video considering how much time I spend on youtube. I am about 10 months into a 12 month unaccompanied tour in Korea. If it wasn't for youtube and the net in general I think I would have gone insane.

:bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head:

Now i have just polished my scoops and now with my grab bar that looks like shit i have decided to polish that and started doing so . Now i use my centrestand often what would be the easiest way to put on centrestand without using the grab bar .

Now i would try this myself but bike is in bits at the moment .:ummm:

The only way I can think of is to run the back wheel up on a couple 2 x 4's...high enough so the center stand will almost go all the way down, then roll the bike backwards with your foot on the 'kick down' arm.

Piece of cake, just did it 1 min ago as I'm working on the 88 with no grab bar.
I just rest my hand on the rame where the grab rail would bolt, but not really lifting it, I push down on the the centre stand arm as if I'm attempting to push it thru the floor so to speak and straightening the leg and up she goes no problem.

bike has to be in neutral. turn handle bars all the way to the left then use right foot and give er all u got. while yu grab under the seat. whith the handle bars turned all the way left u will get more leverage. im only 165 lbs soakin wet....peace of cake:punk:.

I gave up and bought a rear end lift to get in on the stand. No strain at all......LOL

Now moving that monster around in the garage after getting it up there.....different story.

I did find a way to do it though. Use a tie down strap to make sure that it doesn't come off the center stand. Can push it around on the floor all you want. Still heavy, but it's stable.

Now i use my centrestand often what would be the easiest way to put on centrestand without using the grab bar .:ummm:

1. have the bike on an upwards incline

or

2. roll the rear wheel onto a 1" thick plank or tile

Im heavy(220lbs) and also tall so i dont have a problems with this, simply im grabing with right hand the frame part beteween the left scop and seat and then im pushing the centerstand with my right foot.
Like i said i have some weight and its not a problem to overweight the bike by simply the right leg.

But i now that may be a real hell if someone is not that heavy.

I have a friend who have 40% less weight then me and he have his own way.
Bike on the neutral, roll the bike about 2m reverse to get some speed and then quick block the centerstand with your feet and it should work.
But watch out and do not crush your feet :D

Sounds like I do it yet another way. I stand with my back to the bike, put my left heel on the stand, and grab the bar with my left hand. I stand on the little pedal with all my weight and slightly lift the bar, it rolls right up. I weight about 180 and it's no harder than my Magna, which weighed 150lbs less.

I wish I had my center stand on bike still had to remove it when I put Cobra pipes on bike....Grrrr...LOL

who here had said its tougher to put the bike on the centerstand when its lowered? my rear is dropped 2" now and i think its a bit easier infact...

I wish I had my center stand on bike still had to remove it when I put Cobra pipes on bike....Grrrr...LOL
but you can put it back on for when you want to work on it, thats what i do, only takes 1min put bolts in and up she goes! better then mine with a 4 into 1, tabs cut off :(

who here had said its tougher to put the bike on the centerstand when its lowered? my rear is dropped 2" now and i think its a bit easier infact...

wow really? When my rear end was just 1/2" down it was nearly impossible for me!

I guess the Corbin and hard saddlebags didn't help - I can't grab it in the usual place, and have to rely on the grab rail for my right hand. Back to 13" shocks and it's no problem at all :biglaugh:

wow really? When my rear end was just 1/2" down it was nearly impossible for me!

I guess the Corbin and hard saddlebags didn't help - I can't grab it in the usual place, and have to rely on the grab rail for my right hand. Back to 13" shocks and it's no problem at all :biglaugh:

ahh i bet the bags would get in the way. i put my hand under the left side of the guard rail.

Have tried a few times either it almost falls over or is there a nack to this , do i stand myside it or over it while trying . I grab the rear grab bar and 1 side of handlebars but when ikeep doing this it keeps wanting to go the other side , i almost break my back doing this wrong ?:confused2:

Sounds to me like you are doing it exactly right. This is precisely why I removed the center stand. It just sat down there ... staring at me ... daring me to use it, only to laugh hysterically at me when I attempted multiple times without success to raise the bike onto the stand.
29.gif

BE DAMNED I say. Away with you evil center-stand. Who needs you anyway?!?!

Oh sorry, what were we talking about? :ummm:

[[Note: It was possible to use, but painful before I lowered the bike. After lowering the bike, it was way too much trouble, so off it came.]]

The centerstand isn't all that hard for stock height bikes. A lowered bike makes it a lot more challenging since there is a lot more weight to get into place. It's more technique then muscle.

Sean

My FJR which weight wise is almost identical to the Vmax, but sits higher, is much easier to centerstand.

pushing down on the center stand is where you gain the leverage you need not trying to pick up the back of the motorcycle with you hand. also when you take the bike off the stand allways be seating on the bike if your standing beside it and rocks away from you its going down.

Seems like alot of good methods out here, wish I had thought of them. While struggling with my 2- day old (to me) vmax yesterday I finally decided to sit on/straddle the bike, move it backwards and then while moving lower and stand on the center stand. It seemed to pop up on the stand alittle easier that way and I was less worrried about dropping it.
Greg

Latest posts

Back